PDA

View Full Version : convert region

anurag
May 1st, 2007, 00:25
hello friends

i have 20 GB PS3 (j)with 1.1 firmware installed.
i want to upgrade it to 1.50 .
is it possible to upgrade NTSC(J) to NTSC(US) firmware ?IF YES THEN where can i find a 1.50 us firmware?

PLZ HELP

BrokenHaiku
May 1st, 2007, 01:55
As of today, (1.70) firmwares for the three different regions are identical according to Sony. If you want to make sure, create an main account with a US adress and enter the PS Store, that will get you the firmware from the US servers.

anurag
May 1st, 2007, 02:27
thanks for reply
but i want version 1.5 not 1.7 nad i want to convert my jap firmware to us firmware.jap firmware has english language also but reverse of X and O button is very unfemiliar with me.
sorry for bad eng.

BrokenHaiku
May 1st, 2007, 16:03
thanks for reply
but i want version 1.5 not 1.7 nad i want to convert my jap firmware to us firmware.jap firmware has english language also but reverse of X and O button is very unfemiliar with me.
sorry for bad eng.

I am afraid that there is no (to me known at least) way to totally flush a PS3 to another region. The closest you can get to what you want is to go to Settings/System Settings and change language to get English text. I thought I saw a button reverse setting but I can't find it now, so perhaps I just imagined it.

If you can find a 1.5 firmware anywhere, you can put it on a memory card and use the "Update via Storage Media" function.

anurag
May 1st, 2007, 21:50
I am afraid that there is no (to me known at least) way to totally flush a PS3 to another region. The closest you can get to what you want is to go to Settings/System Settings and change language to get English text. I thought I saw a button reverse setting but I can't find it now, so perhaps I just imagined it.

If you can find a 1.5 firmware anywhere, you can put it on a memory card and use the "Update via Storage Media" function.

oh
i m still there where i was previously.
there is no button reverse thing in my fm.
still unable to find 1.50 fm.
waiting for loader thats why i dont want to update my console to latest version.