PDA

View Full Version : Flashback for PS2 problems

shmargin
May 1st, 2007, 08:05
Alright, I'm not a SUPER noob, but enough of a noob that I'm running into a wall here.

I cannot get Flashback to run. I'm using SwapMagic 3.8 on a slim ps2 to run my back ups and homebrew, and cant get very far with this one.

I tried downloading the bin and cue, loaded it up with UltraISO, didnt change any options, as I dont know if I have to, burned it, tried playing it, swapped it in with my CD-R swap disc, and got nothing but a green line accross my screen.

Tried again, this time using the "Special Boot" option from the SwapMagic menu, and when I do that, I can hear the music and sounds in the background, but still only have the single green line going across my screen.

Now I will point out I've ran into this problem with homebrew before, for ScummVM for instance, I had to make the image myself using CD/DVDROM Generator to get an iml file, which I loaded into Apache2 to create my ISO, then I was able to burn that .iso with Active@ ISO Burner (simple no frills free ISO burner that has worked with everything I've needed it to until this) to play it with SwapMagic no problem.

When I did the same thing with Flashback, it just gave me the exact same result. BUT there may be specific things I need in the IML file that I didnt put in right, but it all looked good, and like how I did it for ScummVM.

If someone can tell me EXACTLY how they got it to run on their PS2, it would be great, or at least a way I can get it to run using the tools I already have. I've made like 6 or more coasters trying to get this little game burned, even tried one on a DVD just to see if that was it, but nope.

Any help would be great, thanks!

junior8210
June 28th, 2007, 16:34
did you try burning with magic iso cd and dvd burning program because it's good with bin/cue files. And before you record set the disc option from mode 1 to mode 2x/a because psx and ps2 game have bad coded sectors recorded on the boot part of the disc so just record in that mode thank sony for that

junior8210
June 28th, 2007, 16:36
did you try burning with magic iso cd and dvd burning program because it's good with bin/cue files. And before you record set the disc option from mode 1 to mode 2x/a and burn on the lowest speed settings because psx and ps2 game have bad coded sectors recorded on the boot part of the disc so just record in that mode thank sony for that