PDA

View Full Version : got an idea for hacking 1.5

xuphor
May 21st, 2005, 18:02
i'm no good at hacking, but here's my idea.
using that 1.51 update for psp, which supposedly works on 1.50, can't someone hack into that and replace all the 1.51 update files with 1.00 update files? even if that's not possible, can't you replace the 1.51 update files with, say, SNES9X?

nexis2600
May 21st, 2005, 18:16
i'm no good at hacking, but here's my idea.
using that 1.51 update for psp, which supposedly works on 1.50, can't someone hack into that and replace all the 1.51 update files with 1.00 update files? even if that's not possible, can't you replace the 1.51 update files with, say, SNES9X?

No, The problem with 1.5 systems is not having a proper boot. The problem is the 1.5 bios now requires encrypted elf files. Something nobody has figured out how to encrypted yet. 1.0 on the other hand had the ecryption sceme disabled in the bios for some odd reason.

There is no real 1.0 bios made for flashing, The only way to do this(from what i know) is someone would have to study the 1.5.1 update sceme and figure out how to turn a ripped 1.0 bios into a valid update/reflash bios for the application. Then someone still has to figure out how to encrypt the bios to plug it into the 1.5.1 update software.

xuphor
May 21st, 2005, 19:22
No, The problem with 1.5 systems is not having a proper boot. The problem is the 1.5 bios now requires encrypted elf files. Something nobody has figured out how to encrypted yet. 1.0 on the other hand had the ecryption sceme disabled in the bios for some odd reason.

There is no real 1.0 bios made for flashing, The only way to do this(from what i know) is someone would have to study the 1.5.1 update sceme and figure out how to turn a ripped 1.0 bios into a valid update/reflash bios for the application. Then someone still has to figure out how to encrypt the bios to plug it into the 1.5.1 update software.

this might be stupid idea, but can't the hackers find out the difference between the 1.51 update which makes it work on 1.5's, and once they find it, just copy the "signed" part of it to their homebrew programs?

Laguna
May 21st, 2005, 20:17
why dont they try hacking 1.51 instead of 1.5 maybe its easyer who knows.

psplover
May 21st, 2005, 20:24
Theres no point in hacking 1.5 now since you're gonna have to get 1.51 later to play newer games anyways so they mines well work on the lastest version.

Onetonbullet
May 21st, 2005, 21:59
this might be stupid idea, but can't the hackers find out the difference between the 1.51 update which makes it work on 1.5's, and once they find it, just copy the "signed" part of it to their homebrew programs?

No, because the sig is generated using the file......meaning every sig is different.

Theres no point in hacking 1.5 now since you're gonna have to get 1.51 later to play newer games anyways so they mines well work on the lastest version.

Sony will continue to update, so we need to find a way to switch between hacked bios and retail...

xuphor
May 21st, 2005, 22:10
Sony will continue to update, so we need to find a way to switch between hacked bios and retail...

Untill the psp is as old as the regular gameboy, then i doubt much more updates will come....