PDA

View Full Version : Xecuter cracks 1.5?

Cap'n 1time
May 22nd, 2005, 01:57
I was looking at the feed headlines and for psphacker and what did I see?! "PSP 1.5 Firmware cracked?"

http://www.psphacker.com/2005/05/psp-v15-firmware-cracked.html

NOW! before some of you idiots start jumping for joy before you bother reading anything, psphacker is concidering the possibility that this is a fake, but they think its for real. The thing is Team Xecuter is a profit xbox mod chip company (a damn good company, but a profit company never the less) so its likely that this will be a modding device rather than some kind of software crack. That means *ahem* YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO BUY A MOD CHIP TO RUN HOMEBREW JUST LIKE ANY OTHER CONSOLE!

I think its likely that this week Team Xecuter will give more details on this crack so dont bother asking any question. I DONT KNOW!

psplover
May 22nd, 2005, 02:01
I'd buy it if they promise I can update my bios and it will still work.

nexis2600
May 22nd, 2005, 02:35
I personaly hope its a hoax but I dout it is. The only things I find odd are the loading times are equal to that of the game on a umd (which it should not be) and the fact you can hear the UMD drive seeking.

I personaly hope that if things are cracked there does not become a conflict in the scene where newer developed software will work for only 1.5+ systems and 1.0 systems are left in the dark. I personaly am turning my current system into dev only (will buy a 2nd usa unit for playing games on) but I have no plans period to ever install a mod chip into a psp.

Cap'n 1time
May 22nd, 2005, 02:40
It may be possible for xecuter to create somthing similare to their xbox mod chip. A switch disables the chip in order for players to get onto xbox live without detection. It may be possible to make some kind of device with 2 slots for firmware. 1 for upgrading and the other for homebrew purposes.

EX-Danza
May 22nd, 2005, 07:03
If they did make a mod chip do you know how much something like that may cost.

SchmuckofNI
May 22nd, 2005, 07:47
20-30 dollars. Anything more wouldn't be worth it.

wraggster
May 22nd, 2005, 09:20
what would be cool is if it fits into the USB port then your not taking your psp apart.

quzar
May 22nd, 2005, 09:37
The simplest thing to do would be to just have a secondary bios chip that has 1.0 on it. when you want to play games, switch to your normal bios, when you want to play homebrew switch to 1.0, if you mess up your 1.0 bios by updating it, you just go and re-flash it using the extra thing it would add to do so. (kind of like the navi bios for the dc, where a second bios chip is piggybacked on the first)

Cap'n 1time
May 22nd, 2005, 15:13
The simplest thing to do would be to just have a secondary bios chip that has 1.0 on it. when you want to play games, switch to your normal bios, when you want to play homebrew switch to 1.0, if you mess up your 1.0 bios by updating it, you just go and re-flash it using the extra thing it would add to do so. (kind of like the navi bios for the dc, where a second bios chip is piggybacked on the first)

thats what i was thinking, i just couldnt say it like you. you talk as smooth as butter! :)

Spark
May 22nd, 2005, 15:36
It would be an SOB to install though, and Xecuter are known for priding themselves on creating easy install devices.

I don't think that it is a mod, then again, from what I know of Xecuter, they wouldn't do anything unless they could somehow line their own pockets out of it.

Cap'n 1time
May 22nd, 2005, 16:44
http://www.psphacker.com/2005/05/team-xecuter-video-2.html

here is another video. I havnt seen it, but alot of people think this one is a fake. They say you can see no umd is installed.

I think xecuter would probably let us know by now if they had done somthing or not.

Spark
May 22nd, 2005, 17:04
I've seen it, and I think that if a commercial game was going to run completely from the memory stick, then it would access the MS port a little more often that that does.

The video shows the intro running, and during that time, the LED doesn't flash once.

Cap'n 1time
May 22nd, 2005, 17:06
hmm, would you bother to make a video of an easy software crack if you found somthing like this out? i wouldnt.

ganon
May 23rd, 2005, 13:27
well xecutors site claims they are fakes by some foneys

Cap'n 1time
May 23rd, 2005, 14:26
well xecutors site claims they are fakes by some foneys

and their word is official. no one is going to leak somthing from the xecuter site. when it appears on their homepage, you will know whats up.