PDA

View Full Version : supercard cf or m3?

darkhelmet
May 4th, 2007, 00:03
i cant decide between the supercard cf or the m3. im leaning toward the supercard because of price. im wondering which one has better compatibility for homebrew things like quake ds and dshobro. i dont care about rom compatibility or gba cuz i have a gbamp (or mp3s or vids, thats what ipods do). and i also have a superkey.i might get the supercard, cuz the only reason i want a new device(im already running things fine from the gbamp) is for the ram. so which one(m3 or supercard) has better homebrew support?

DanTheManMS
May 4th, 2007, 05:05
They're really about the same. The SC CF might have slightly better support for older homebrew that existed before fatlib became a standard for cart access, but that's about it.

It's fairly hard to find a SC CF anymore though, so hopefully you can find one if you decide to go with it.

darkhelmet
May 4th, 2007, 21:20
yea this is IF i can convince my dad to get me one, and i dont have a lot of money so yea (might be able to convince my sister to get one for me:D)

ive made up my mind on a supercard. anyone kno where to get it cheap?

edit again, i cant find one on the internet, does anyone have one they will sell to me? or maybe i should go with sd instead of cf?

DanTheManMS
May 4th, 2007, 23:57
I'd say go with SD of some sort. A Supercard SD will stick out slightly from the DS, a Supercard MiniSD will sit flush within a DS Phat, and a Supercard Lite (microSD) will sit flush within a DS Lite.

I got my Supercard miniSD for $50 from RealHotStuff. That's a price comparable to most other online stores, and shipping was cheap and incredibly fast.

Just don't get lured by the "Rumble" versions. They are cheaper, but they have no RAM, which makes your purchase rather pointless.

SSaxdude
May 5th, 2007, 00:02
Get the SD version of the M3. I have it and it works great. Everything I've tried on it has worked.

darkhelmet
May 5th, 2007, 06:59
ill probably get a sd version, and i figured that rumbles dont have ram cuz i read that from the dslinux wiki. should i get the sd or the mini? i dont care about it sticking out (gbamp sticks out a lot more than this will) whichever ones cheaper i guess...

DanTheManMS
May 5th, 2007, 19:34
SD cards are usually easier to find on sale and are cheaper in general, and the Supercard SD is usually about $5 cheaper or so on most sites.

I have a miniSD myself, and wile it's hard to find large cards on sale, I really enjoy the fact that it doesn't stick out. If you don't really care about that however, then either would be fine.

darkhelmet
May 5th, 2007, 22:25
alright, thanks dantheman an ssaxdude. supercard sd it is

!!!!rocky!!!!
May 22nd, 2007, 04:41
Yes definitely go with SD, compact flash is getting to be very out of date now days.

spik3yb0i
May 26th, 2007, 18:29
i think the M3 is better

darkhelmet
May 27th, 2007, 15:06
Yes, M3 is probably better, but I don't have a lot of spare money, because I don't have a job.