PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 4 rumour is “garbage”

wraggster
May 4th, 2007, 19:00
Sony UK dismisses Aussie site speculation alleging that PS4 is to launch in 2008
Australian technology site Smarthouse is reporting that a ‘Sony insider’ has told it that a new PlayStation console is being prepared by the Japanese platform holder and will be launched by the end of next year.

The site claims that the machine will be based on the current PS3 chipset, but “will differ from the current model in the drive bay and in the attachment area”.

The supposed source added: “It will also include an extensive software suite for the managing of content being streamed to a TV or hi-fi source.”

Unsurprisingly, these claims have been rebuked by Sony UK. A spokesperson told Spong that: “Obviously, this is garbage.”

The story most likely emerged following Ken Kutaragi’s admission earlier this week that despite his imminent departure from Sony he has firm plans in place for the PlayStation 4, 5 and 6.

via mcv (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/26910/PlayStation-4-rumour-is-garbage)

Basil Zero
May 4th, 2007, 19:21
Well of course, the whole idea of a "PS4" is garbage, but a remake of PS3 is more realistic.

Buddy4point0
May 4th, 2007, 22:03
of corse the rumor is garbage, i said that in the first place

tvrstl
May 4th, 2007, 22:15
I believe that only few did think of this as real!!

they eigther do this just for attention, or their just dumb.

anyway, they seem like som real idiots in my mind when they release fake news!!

JKKDARK
May 5th, 2007, 00:36
we will see a PS4 only in 2012

steve520
May 5th, 2007, 00:51
Yeah I think they should do a remake of the PS3 because i think its a little too soon for a PS4

onetwentyeight
May 5th, 2007, 11:48
i believed the purpose of the device was to be more of a dedicated multimedia player like the japanese-only psx (ps2 + hdd + pvr), not a console successor to the ps3. but, the ps3 seems capable of most of the tasks required either on its own or through eventual ydl updates. and don't smear australia, they first broke the black, hdmi, 120gb x360 and no one believed them unless they wanted it to be true.

iceman 47
May 5th, 2007, 17:19
yup just garbage how can they make a ps4 that fast