PDA

View Full Version : how does it work?

~Slinkky~
May 5th, 2007, 23:03
i got a ds (lite)(black one >_O) on new yars day. and i have been using psp homebrew scince the start.

Can i use my psp memory sticks on the DS?

Where can i purchase the equipment i need in order to run fun hombrewroms ect ect....

Is there a bundle i can get with everything included?

Aprox how much will all this cost (Canadian dollars)

DanTheManMS
May 6th, 2007, 00:04
Your PSP memory sticks will not work, no. It would take way too much time to explain the various options you have. There are so many devices that it's confusing.

The main question is this: what do you want to do with your DS? Are you interested in any of the following options?
1. GBA games
2. SNES emulation
3. Running DSLinux without crashing
4. Having some extra RAM available if homebrew programs decide to make use of it - mostly DSLinux now, but other apps might, and the Quake 2 port will definitely use it

If you answered yes to several of those, you might want to consider a slot-2 device. Otherwise, slot-1 devices are easier to use and provide almost the same amount of functionality.

We can continue from here once we figure out what you want the DS to do.

~Slinkky~
May 6th, 2007, 07:24
emulation
back ups
hombrew
pretty much everything
not really into vids and the music on it though

DanTheManMS
May 6th, 2007, 21:28
I'd look up the differences between slot-1 and slot-2 then, as either type would work well for your situation.

Alternatively, if you have a DS Lite, you could get a slot-1 device and the slot-2 EZ-V three-in-one expansion pack, which will give you GBA compatibility and extra RAM for use with homebrew.

kcajblue
May 6th, 2007, 21:35
emulation
back ups
hombrew
pretty much everything
not really into vids and the music on it thoughjust for future reference.
please dont ask/talk about roms.

~Slinkky~
May 8th, 2007, 05:41
I'd look up the differences between slot-1 and slot-2 then, as either type would work well for your situation.

Alternatively, if you have a DS Lite, you could get a slot-1 device and the slot-2 EZ-V three-in-one expansion pack, which will give you GBA compatibility and extra RAM for use with homebrew.

can somone provide me with a link to where i may get the stuff =P