PDA

View Full Version : Need to start up a MAME project.

acevampire
May 7th, 2007, 00:53
I have alot of programming experience and some c++ experience. I would like to attempt to make a MAME emulator for the DS.
But I need to know where I should start with this project. I have the source code downloaded from the MAME site, but I have no idea where I should start from it.

-Any help wanted. Also, I saw a page a couple weeks ago about making an emulator onto the ds, but I forget the page.

XioN980
May 7th, 2007, 11:41
honestly mate, MAME is too big for the DS, see the MarcaDS page, try something smaller :D

Arcade can be done, a mame por is just a tad over-complicated in my opinion

acevampire
May 7th, 2007, 21:11
honestly mate, MAME is too big for the DS, see the MarcaDS page, try something smaller :D

Arcade can be done, a mame por is just a tad over-complicated in my opinion

but aren't, according to MAME specs, isn't it capable of making a game arcade port over to another port?

sanity
May 8th, 2007, 05:19
Actually MAME is fully scalable, I have a version of MAME that runs on my old S60 cell phone that can run Galaga with frame skip of 4 frames and sound... (I know not very impressive but the hardware on this phone is quite low). So if anyone wants some inspiration to do it, sure it can be done, and the supported ROMS can be trimmed as needed to support hardware that will run within the NDS processor(s) specifications.

XioN980
May 10th, 2007, 09:56
seriously, once MarcaDS gets hi score saving and dldi what will honestly be wrong with it??!?

gzsfrk
May 13th, 2007, 03:42
seriously, once MarcaDS gets hi score saving and dldi what will honestly be wrong with it??!?

Nothing--if it gets updated any time in the near future. It's been idling since at least early March (that was the last substantive comment from alekmail I could find regarding it).

jimiz
June 17th, 2007, 11:53
MAME37b16 can ( C A N !!) be the base also for the DS!!!
sure must be optimized and most of the games run SLOW...but MANY another can run near perfectly!
(frogger, spaceinvaders,galaga,crazykong,and many, many another of the 80'years...)
TH DS have not many power like the PSP...(also no much memory) but for this games , have ENOUGHT power and ram for be realize!
THE gba (GBA!!) about two years are singles emulators can running near perfect few ARCADE games...and I speak of MR.DO , BLACKTIGER (capcom) and GREENBERET...also pacman,frogger and anothers...
WELL if this WAS possible to make on a GBA and 2 years ago...WHY can not be possible to male little more on the DS ????
where the problem so? no one (with good prg. esperience) have interesting to make on the DS ..
Infact emulators scene on the DS are really POOR...
and that's not for the little power - DS...
meaby is to much HARD to program and write something on this machine...or is just buy of kinders and people who like only play.

MARCA ds , have nothing of mame..and no team work , no open source... so if his father , have no time or many to do WE have nothing another on the DS. that's sad I know... I like DS...but i can't not see around (PSP)

usokz
June 18th, 2007, 17:07
How about just doing it for the PSP?

Sorry I know this thread is for Nintendo stuff...

We need a good coder to port MAME over...the last truly great emulator for us PSP owners!