PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew (R4DS) touch screen / stylus problems?

sanity
May 7th, 2007, 09:08
Hi,

I have only had a DSLite and R4 for just over 2 weeks, coming from the PSP homebrew, I found the touch screen both a welcome addition and somewhat of a big issue ...

I have tried homebrew titles like NitroTracker, WinDS and DSLinux and experienced massive inaccuracies in the stylus positioning on the touch screen. I have tried recalibrating, and checking the calibration in PICOChat, all the on-screen buttons are selectable and drawing is perfect! If I restart with the R4 and boot NitroTracker, only a few buttons are selectable, the left icons seem unusable/or hard to target. If I use WinDS the icons drag all over the place!

The problem seems to be with homebrew running on the R4. If I use a rom backup or original slot-1 cart. The touch screen calibration seems perfectly fine.

I have searched on the matter and found a suggestion to remove the battery and recalibrate. I have tried disconnecting the battery and recalibrating after boot -- (It seemed to make a small difference with DSLinux only why!?).

My R4DS software version is v1.08, hardware is Chinese for the R4. The DSLite itself was bought in China, not sure of the firmware version of the DSLite (I cannot see a version anywhere?).

-Sanity

sanity
May 8th, 2007, 05:05
Just an update: I have since built the touch screen demo using my own development tool chain and found no problems, so I assume some developers are still compiling against old NDS libraries or their own versions! I guess it figures, as the libs are not official there is bound to be timing bugs and HW I/O issues.

oakshiro
September 20th, 2007, 09:22
Hello!
I have exactly the same problem with Nitrotracker and G6 Lite. I suppose you are right about the older libraries.
I have installed Nitrotracker and DLDI latest versions and still have the same problem: The leftmost buttons are impossible to click.
Seems like the touch screen is "logically shrinked" somehow.
If anyone finds a solution, please tell me.
Thx

shieldslfc
November 11th, 2007, 10:15
I am using a R4, everything fine, then suddenly touch screen does not work at all, any ideas what to do?

evil_andy
January 23rd, 2008, 20:16
I am using a R4, everything fine, then suddenly touch screen does not work at all, any ideas what to do?

I have this issue too. It only rears its head when playing touch-screen intensive games on the R4DS, but it is pretty much a show stopper.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this or how to prevent it?