PDA

View Full Version : what's yr fave Spectrum emu for dC?

obelisk
May 23rd, 2005, 01:14
which do you guys believe is the best or yr faveorite? Also, which might you consider easiest to use spectrum emu for the dc? thanks in advance.

Eric
May 23rd, 2005, 06:50
Well if this is the emu that uses tapes and which i dont think any spectrum emu is nearly complete but got pretty far and the only one i used at the time. I used Ian believe it or not and it was pretty good. He probably had coders help him out on it but..... of course i will never know cause he hasnt told anybody. But the emu was in its early beta and didnt get any further then that and i dont know how complete it was and i dont even remember how i playable it was. I think for how playable it was i enjoyed it. If you want to check it out his old site is still up even though i would hate to show his site its still up and you can get it there.

www.imrtechnology.ngemu.com

Eric

MetaFox
May 23rd, 2005, 07:14
DC Speccyal K blows Ian Micheal/Reaper's MESS build out of the water.

http://www.speccyal.be/

obelisk
May 23rd, 2005, 07:39
im having a few prbs with that 1. i cant get it to recognise being an SBI file, and i think it has file name/ or file amount limits. Should i try a different method besides sbi, that for sure works good. Also, andyone know if there are any character amount limits or file limits that might be limiting it from reading large amounts of files in a dir.? Might there be a tool to fix said filename/ charcter limit thingy?
Thanks in advance.

turnerl
May 31st, 2005, 22:36
I just made a Speccyal K iso with over 500 games with long filenames, no problems at all! I always use DSSBS or whatever it's called I know it's not the newest but It always works for me, BUT dssbs does crap itself if you put too many files/directors in it not sure what the limit is though? but it will be fine with complete collection of speccy software.