PDA

View Full Version : 3.03 OE-C to 3.40 OE-A and a few questions

Nickhono
May 8th, 2007, 08:23
my psp currently has 3.03 OE-C and i was wondering whether to upgrade to 3.40 OE-A, and here are some questions i hope you guys can answer for me =D

1) Can i run games requiring fw 3.10 or above in 3.03 OE-C?

2) How do I upgrade to 3.40 OE-A from 3.03 OE-C? Are there any precautions i should take, or any bugs/glitches that i should know of?

3) Is it true that some .prx files that work in 3.03 OE-C don't work for 3.40 OE-A? like GTA:VCS cheat device for example. Is there a list somewhere showing compatibility?

4) Is there any plugins/addons/homebrew where it requires you to enter a password whenever u switch on your psp from sleep or off mode? and does it work in 3.40 OE-A? or 3.03 OE-C?

thanks in advance =D

Cloudhunter
May 8th, 2007, 14:29
my psp currently has 3.03 OE-C and i was wondering whether to upgrade to 3.40 OE-A, and here are some questions i hope you guys can answer for me =D

2) How do I upgrade to 3.40 OE-A from 3.03 OE-C? Are there any precautions i should take, or any bugs/glitches that i should know of?

3) Is it true that some .prx files that work in 3.03 OE-C don't work for 3.40 OE-A? like GTA:VCS cheat device for example. Is there a list somewhere showing compatibility?

4) Is there any plugins/addons/homebrew where it requires you to enter a password whenever u switch on your psp from sleep or off mode? and does it work in 3.40 OE-A? or 3.03 OE-C?

thanks in advance =D

1) Possibly, it all depends whether the game uses 3.10+ modules, or if it just says it requires 3.10+. If it just saying it requires 3.10+, then 3.03 OE-C will try to load it anyway.

2) There are no precautions that are needed to be taken, however for the easy installer that I'm going to link you to, it is recommended to set your "game folder homebrew" kernel to 1.50, in the configuration option in the recovery mode.

3) Unfortunately, that is true. GTA: VCS cheat device won't work under 3.40 OE-A, but you can load it using devhook instead, which is what I do personally. The major plugins - such as cwcheat - have updates to work on this firmware.

4) I believe the SCEP beta has such a feature, but i'm not sure about that.

Here is the 3.40 OE-A easy installer for you :)

3.40 OE-A Easy Installer (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1134).

Cloudy

bufinjer
May 8th, 2007, 15:37

thanks in advance =D

I upgraded, it went very smooth and easy, Here are some answers for you

1) Most games now will work fine on 3.03OE, but in the future some games will require you to upgrade to a higher firmware, if you install 3.40OE-A you will be good for quite awhile.

2) Upgrading is easy, it's a full upgrade so download all required files, and run it just like you did for 3.03OE-C

3) I don't know about a list showing compatability, but most apps and homebrew are being upgraded to work with 3.40OE

4) I know of a program called Boot Protector that will only allow startup with a password. I'm not sure about starting from sleep mode, here is the link for info: Click Here (http://pspupdates.qj.net/Password-protect-your-PSP-with-Boot-Protector/pg/49/aid/72645)

Nickhono
May 9th, 2007, 07:10
thanks all =D

now i can enjoy using 3.40 OE-A!

mareko_pl
May 9th, 2007, 16:49
can i directly downgrate 3.40 oe to 3.30 oe??
anyknow??

bufinjer
May 9th, 2007, 21:26
can i directly downgrate 3.40 oe to 3.30 oe??
anyknow??

Not directly, you have to recover to 1.5, then re-install 3.30OE, but why would you want to?? 3.40OE is good.