PDA

View Full Version : Changing icons for emulators etc.

eddieh4444
May 9th, 2007, 02:08
I was wondering if it's possible to change the game icons for programs such as NesterJ, Dgen, or SNES9xTYL 0.4.2? Also, is there anyway to change the background on SNES9xTYL 0.4.2, because currently (default) mine is a DragonQuestIV background but I'd like to make i a SMB or SNES logo.

ryan2006
May 9th, 2007, 11:43
um i think you can do this with one of the new popstations not sure tho(it may just be ps1 games)

Chameleon
May 9th, 2007, 12:15
popstations are strictly for ps1 games, use "psp content manager" it allows you to do everything you mentioned...
and for the snes thing, within the homebrew folder there is a DATA folder, and within that there is a zipped logo file replace one of those, but make sure its in jpg format

eddieh4444
May 9th, 2007, 23:16
Cool, I got the background changed, now is there any way to change the actual icon and name I see under the game icon?

PLZKLLME0080
May 9th, 2007, 23:23
currently (default) mine is a DragonQuestIV background but I'd like to make i a SMB or SNES logo.

you can change the images in the zip file (or rar i dont know which one) to any pic you want. make sure its the same size as the others!!!. heres mine for snes9x
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/PLZKLLME0080/wholeblade5_1.png

skagga
May 13th, 2007, 20:35
Use Pbp unpacker to open up the eboot and u can change sounds, background, icon, or add a PMF as your icon.The only thing i think u can,t change is the title/name as its in the PARAM file,but saying that u may be able to by opening the PR file and changing the title,but i'm really not sure .