PDA

View Full Version : Semi Bricked 3.40 OE

diniboy92
May 9th, 2007, 02:23
Hey, I just updated to 3.40 oe a, and now I'm having some major problems. First of all, when I started it up, all the settings under the recovery menu were wet to 'enabled'. Because of this, my PSP would not start up correctly. HOwever, it was nota problem as I just changed all the settings back to how I like them.

:( NOW I HAVE A PROBLEM! :(

after playing my PSP for a while, I quit the game I was playing and everything froze. I tried to reboot the PSP, but it does not startup correctly, so I went to the recovery menu. Once again, all the settings somehow got changed to enabled.

THIS IS MY PROBLEM: I am not able to change the setting back to how I need them because every time I go into the configuration menu, my psp displays a blank blue screen and I am not able to change any settings.

Please, either tell me a way to downgrade to 3.03 oe without having to use the XMB, or can someone upload the setting file from a working psp's flash so I can replace mine, and have the correct settings.

I really need your help, so please help... :D

Bruce.Lee
May 9th, 2007, 02:48
Download the 3.02 OE recovery folder here (http://dl.qj.net/3.02-OE-A-by-Dark_AleX-PSP/pg/12/fid/11867/catid/114). Then you can run it though the recovery menu.

gunntims0103
May 9th, 2007, 02:52
Recover back to 1.5, then reinstall OE

diniboy92
May 9th, 2007, 20:20
Um, yeah. So I put on the recovery folder on my PSP, but when I start up the program it says extracting PRXs from update.pbp.

What am I supposed to use for the "update.pbp"
Should I use a 1.50 update, or what?

Sonicboy 101
May 9th, 2007, 20:23
Yes.
Get the 1.50 update, and rename to UPDATE.PBP, then put it in the recovery folder.

ICE
May 9th, 2007, 20:30
or you could put the 3.40 OE-A flasher in your game folder and name it RECOVERY and then use recovery..

SpooForBrains
May 11th, 2007, 13:22
Recovery or reflashing is not enough. You'll also need to format flash1 - I just had this problem and apparently flash1 can become corrupted.

After reflashing find flash1 formatter (which must be run through recovery) and it should fix the problem.

ETA: http://arch-opterix.com/index.php?ind=news&op=news_show_single&ide=4

Haematite
May 22nd, 2007, 14:53
Just delete the config file in the root of flash1.
Worked for me.