PDA

View Full Version : PSP Version 1.5 Running emus/homebrew!

Darksaviour69
May 24th, 2005, 11:11
PSP Version 1.5 Running emus/homebrew? No not yet,

SO NO MORE TOPICS ABOUT THEM

This a forum rule now, do not post topic asking when it will happen or crying about how you upgraded to 1.5 boo hoo!

Thank you.

leggy
May 24th, 2005, 12:33
About time!

nexis2600
May 24th, 2005, 17:37
thank you, there is a god.

You don't know how much the scene is starting to piss me off about that. I just can't stand the ignorance anymore.

ganon
May 24th, 2005, 17:50
man when i saw this sticky i was hoping it was, oh well.

Laguna
May 24th, 2005, 20:31
rofl

quzar
May 24th, 2005, 21:00
amendment to sticky: 1.5 => 1.5/1.51

thanks for stickying this up so fast, i would have done it myself, but yea I'd rather not step on anyone's toes.

xuphor
May 24th, 2005, 22:29
hey, could you change the "!" to a "?". it seriously made me think 1.5 hombrew was available.

Drift
May 24th, 2005, 22:45
Well done!

To be honest I think the subject line is good, as it did make you look and actually read what was said in here. Mission accomplished! ;)

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2005, 22:47
Well done!

To be honest I think the subject line is good, as it did make you look and actually read what was said in here. Mission accomplished! ;)

well it tricked me too. I expected that I would click on the topic and yell at some idiot. brilliant.

quzar
May 24th, 2005, 22:51
which is great because then you get to look at it, and never have to look at it again.

xuphor
May 24th, 2005, 23:07
Well done!

good point ;)

aseddon130
May 24th, 2005, 23:50
About time!

my thoughts exactly ...

Darksaviour69
May 25th, 2005, 11:10
this topic has got 3 times more views in less than 24 hours than the rules topic has got in 2 weeks!

sorry for dissapointing anybody, but it had to be done ;)

Cap'n 1time
May 25th, 2005, 14:03
What would make it even more usefull, is if it stayed on the main page all the time! perhapes this should be bumped every now and again.

Darksaviour69
May 25th, 2005, 17:04
its stickied

Cap'n 1time
May 25th, 2005, 17:12
its stickied

yes, but if everyone is like me and views things through dcemu.co.uk, I often look at the most recent posts. anyways that was a stupid thing to say on my part. sorry.

Darksaviour69
May 25th, 2005, 17:14
i understand what you mean, but u just use the Your info: bit and the New Posts: bit to see what new posts there are

Jdemon
May 28th, 2005, 03:10
:eek: ya got me too with this one Darksaviour69...but yes...a good idea

Spark
May 29th, 2005, 13:10
According to a release group that have just put a bunch of backup isos on the net, the release of a 1.0/1.5 a bootloader is pretty much imminent.

"Installation
In a really near future, a loader will be released to make games work via the Memory card.In a way to admit it , Soon all games will work on V1.0, V1.5. We Need to make some more test. Till then be patient. "

Wether they were referring to their own work or to that of Xecuter, I don't know.

quzar
May 29th, 2005, 13:15
Not only is that warez related, but since the software being talked about is ripped official software, there shouldnt be a reason it wouldnt work properly, and it running has no bering on wether homebrew and emulators will be made to run on 1.5/1.51

Cap'n 1time
May 29th, 2005, 14:31
yup, thoes damn kids ruin every bit dont they. I cant wait to see how many idiots run out and pay $100+ for a 1 gig mem card so they can do their little warez.

Also that info on the boot loader didnt say anything about 1.5. just that a boot loader would be able to lauch ripped games from a mem card.

actually they did update saying some crap about 1.5. oh well.

psplover
May 29th, 2005, 17:27
Who the **** cares? Piracy does more for the HB than HB scene coders ever do. It's normally that why anyways.

quzar
May 29th, 2005, 18:18
Who the **** cares? Piracy does more for the HB than HB scene coders ever do. It's normally that why anyways.

not really. we have like 6 machines to date that have homebrew and piracy (DC, PS2, GBA, XBOX, GC, NGAGE) and it is 50/50 with the split between homebrewers first and pirates first. even then, the only reason the xbox was all pirated stuff is because of the xdk that was leaked so early.

either way, no more discussion of this in this thread. it is meant for other htings.

Spark
May 29th, 2005, 19:24
Sorry, I didn't mean to bring warez into the equation, I was just really trying to update the thread on any apparent progress.

I disagree that it wouldn't have any effect on HB though, particularly since it looks like the said bootloader may now be coming in the form of a hacked bios. If they release a bios that is able to run unsigned code on a 1.5, it would surely be compatible with the HB stuff currently out there, and legal or not, people are gonna use it.

quzar
May 30th, 2005, 05:58
and if it does, we won't be discussing it here, so there isnt really a question.

Darksaviour69
May 30th, 2005, 15:42
yeah quzar right, we keep it legal here.

the think is that Piracy is usally a load of stolen work put together, its is a lot harder for legal homebrewers, and they don't get the repect they deserve!

edit: btw if you do have a 1.5 homebrew news this is the right topic to post it.

Spark
May 30th, 2005, 22:54
its is a lot harder for legal homebrewers, and they don't get the repect they deserve!

I definitely agree with that, and I do apologise for bringing that discussion into this thread, it just seemed relevant to the topic, that's all.

WHurricane16
May 30th, 2005, 23:46
this topic has got 3 times more views in less than 24 hours than the rules topic has got in 2 weeks!

sorry for dissapointing anybody, but it had to be done ;)

rofl

At least the ones who keep making the 1.5 topics will finally get the hint.

WHurricane16
May 30th, 2005, 23:50

Oh, I didn't notice that.

Wow, you have a great many things to learn. With that sort of philosophy, I guess we will see you in jail in a few years for thinking stealing games does more for the gaming idustry than the actual programmers, marketers, and producers do. The fact that you were so passionate about it ('who the ****cares?) makes it even more comical.

See you in jail in a few years, buddy. Keep it up and a Darwin award will be bestowed upon you if you don't change your rationale. I shouldn't say things like that but I just wanted you to realize how truly stupid what you said was.

Jdemon
May 31st, 2005, 00:37
Everyone is entitled to their opinion...and opinions don't send people to jail.

ANYWAY...

Thanks again for posting this topic...and glad it was cleared up about any "real" news should be posted on this thread :D
...I was wondering about that.

Vimes220
June 1st, 2005, 07:56
Oh, I didn't notice that.
See you in jail in a few years, buddy. Keep it up and a Darwin award will be bestowed upon you if you don't change your rationale. I shouldn't say things like that but I just wanted you to realize how truly stupid what you said was.

Why will YOU be in jail??
Just visiting i hope :)
Will you have passed go, will you have collected £200???

Cross
June 10th, 2005, 06:44
damn.. talk about getting ur hopes up lol

quzar
June 10th, 2005, 08:09
damn.. talk about getting ur hopes up lol

dude, your sig rocks, i love Stephen Wright. "I was on peyote when I took my SATs. I got an 1800"

Cap'n 1time
June 12th, 2005, 03:12
hmph. well i read the crap site known as psp hacker, and for once im glad they posted this video. it seems a spanish dude known as killer-x or somthing like that has released a video of psp1.5 running homebrew... now unlike other releases, he actually says that on wednesday he will be releasesing his exploint, meaning he actually might be doing somthing... or this could be a really really bad joke. anyways, check this spanish site and notice the little clock on the side.

http://www.only4.info/psp-dev/

English Version:

All of you have wished this. Yes, now we can load homebrew in PSPs with v1.5 firmware (we haven't try in 1.5x versions). With an exploit that i have just created today we can load any homebrew in our PSP. I must try to make it better, so you will have to wait.

Cap'n 1time
June 12th, 2005, 05:46
some crap from www.ps2nfo.com from some guy no one has ever heard of. i wont be around a computer next week to see how this turns out, but im not optimistic - not because i dont want to see it cracked... just because i am less likely to be saddened.

CybBlade of our Forums (and iRC EFnet #PS2Ownz) confirmed tonight that PsP-Dev now have a working v1.50 exploit for running "homebrew" or unsigned code from it, similar to what NEM did for v1.00 firmware PSP users. A brief video of this in action can be found on their Web site HERE for those interested, and on 6/15/2005 (15:00 GTM+1) they plan to publically disclose the method used in Tutorial format to the world! We at Team PS2NFO congratulate our Spanish affiliates, and look forward to LOTS of nice "homebrew" releases to follow along with even more UMD dumps! Please post all related feedback on this VERY COOL news in THIS on-going Forum thread. Finally, we'd like to make it known that the legitimacy of this news has already been 100% confirmed by myself via high-ranking scene elders... so no, this is NOT another "fake video" nor publicity stunt- it's REAL!
Show A Printable Version

Humanisticnick
June 12th, 2005, 06:09
is everyone gonna get banned because 1.5's been raped. Nope because "not yet" has hopefully turned into yet. And i am so f**king happy right now

BlingShyne2 TAA
June 12th, 2005, 08:09
We all know what is going to happen.

It's going to be some queer just ****ing with us again.

I am not forward to being tricked on wednesday. Because I know what's going to happen.

Off-topic: I'm watching "from dusk till dawn", a movie about vampires, and some dude just turned into a huge ****ing rat. KOMGWTF? :confused:

joemamafoo
June 13th, 2005, 17:18
I don't know about you guys but I like getting my hopes up just to get em shut down :rolleyes: anyway it would be nice if it was legit. I guess we'll see soon.

Shapermc
June 13th, 2005, 20:26
Ok, probably a pretty stupid question, but if you upgraded to 1.51 (which I don't think I did, but may have) is there anyway to hard reset your PSP back to factory defaults of 1.50?

Onetonbullet
June 13th, 2005, 23:35
^^ No ^^

Fly On
June 14th, 2005, 00:25
Ok, probably a pretty stupid question, but if you upgraded to 1.51 (which I don't think I did, but may have) is there anyway to hard reset your PSP back to factory defaults of 1.50?

^^^WTF AARRGHH YOU N00BS MAKE ME SO ANGRY AARGH!!

No one should get your hopes set too high for this. The only thing this could generate is a huge amount of hype, and even more nubbies will be hanging around our forums posting stupid stuff like "WTF why wont fuggin mario work on my fuggin PSP?"
However...maybe this is a blessing...who knows? :rolleyes:

Cross
June 14th, 2005, 18:14
...why won't friggin mario work on my friggin psp!!!! :p

Its nice to feel like progress is being made and others are vouching for it but its a day away come one this is why they set a date, fake or not the creators are enjoying watching us go back and forth. I am just going to go play XBOX, and Cube until I see it. Or maybe PS2 I can never decided anymore I want to play SNES on my PSP damit lol.

Darksaviour69
June 15th, 2005, 15:39
Well now i can unsticky this topic and remove that rule, have fun everyone with 1.5 firmware

aseddon130
June 15th, 2005, 15:51
what i'd do Darksaviour is change it to 'no talking of trying to run homebrew on 1.51 / 1.52' ... lol

Darksaviour69
June 15th, 2005, 15:58
does it not work on version 1.51?

shizzle
June 15th, 2005, 16:16
no lol

quzar
June 15th, 2005, 16:17
actually, this still has some place. Not saying what it does currently, but there should be a rule about discussion of 1.5 (especially now that it was just hacked) to keep the forums from being flooding with "OMG I CANTZ FIGURE IT OUT!!!111" threads.

Darksaviour69
June 15th, 2005, 16:25
agreed

Fly On
June 15th, 2005, 18:04
Heh, we already have a thread like that. Since it concerned SNES, the guy mebbe was trying to boot mario.

knownX
June 25th, 2005, 01:36
and you dont need two mem cards

devilash
February 21st, 2006, 14:56
is there any way to play prince of persia on psp v1.5??

Jdemon
February 21st, 2006, 15:14
Yes but you're not allowed to talk about it here.

Alexios I Komnenos
February 25th, 2006, 05:23
is there any way to play prince of persia on psp v1.5??

Why would you bump such an old topic?

scarph
April 16th, 2007, 04:12
I've found where Alexios hides

weirdelf
April 16th, 2007, 05:44
Hehe, but you could just have clicked 'find more posts'.