PDA

View Full Version : Im in a dillema

gam3r
May 24th, 2005, 12:27
Hey all i need your help. I have one shot in getting the right PSP game i will like. I only have enough money for 1 PSP game and i have been pondering over these games:

Twisted Metal
Ridge Racers
Fifa Soccer
Wipeout Pure

I am a big Pro evo/winning eleven soccer game fan and at first i wanted to get fifa to compensate until a pro evolution PSP game came out. But after playing fifa 05 on my ps2(i have fifa 05) i felt that it would be waste of money. Although i kinda like it i find it easy but it is still an option. Its also the most expensive out of the 4.

I have been leaning towareds Twisted metal after watching the gamespot review but im worried ill get bored of it.

I have heard mixed things of ridge racers, people saying its boring after a while.

Havn't heard much of Wipeout but from what i have heard it seems really good.

I need you people to help me to make my mind up :). I only have one chance to get the right PSP game because after that i will be BROKE until i get paid which is in a LONG time.

All opinions appreciated.

Kind regards

gam3r

leggy
May 24th, 2005, 12:36
Definately ridge racers!

gam3r
May 24th, 2005, 12:47
Not 100% sure about ridge racers. I had ridge racers revolutions on PSX i didnt like it very much. Its still an option :D. I was looking at wipeout pure and it seems a safe bet.

peanut
May 24th, 2005, 13:07
ridge racers is an awesome game for about 4 days, then its gets hard and repetetive.
the graphics are very good, especially the intro video, it will have you dribbling.
thats the only game i have so i cant talk about the others, ive just bought wipeout pure, waiting for it to arrive, although i really only bought that for the browser.

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2005, 15:00
ridge racers is an awesome game for about 4 days, then its gets hard and repetetive.
the graphics are very good, especially the intro video, it will have you dribbling.
thats the only game i have so i cant talk about the others, ive just bought wipeout pure, waiting for it to arrive, although i really only bought that for the browser.

yes, they actually put a GAME on that web browser UMD. jk.

actually Wipeout Pure was a very good game in my opinion. It is a bit tough though.

tidusuk123
May 24th, 2005, 17:22
wouldn't recommend ridge racers. nice graphics and exciting for about 4 days like peanut said. but then its just doing the same thing over and over again. the only reason you end up playing it is to justify the cost of the psp. trust me, avoid.

shizzle
May 24th, 2005, 17:26
i have both ridge racers and wip3out pure. If i were you i would definatly get ridge racers.
Don't get me wrong here, i ve been waiting for a wipeout for a long time, especially after that shambles of a game fusion came out. wip3out was a the best racing game on the psx ever. Hardcore wipeout fan. But pure doesn't meet the standards of wipeout 3 or 2.Nice graphics but a poor soundtrack in comparison 2 the others. I am also a techno fan so no bias there and it generally plays the songs at the start over and over and they drive you round the bend. Only 8 tracks, you play the 1st 4 then the next then a combination and then thats it. all you change is the car/difficulty. Its a rather dry game.

But ridge racers, although using the same maps, turns them backwards, changes the time of day, spices them up. The sound track is excellent.I would choose it over wipeout anyday. Although with wipeout you have the browser hack. But we ll be able to run the paradox iso soon and the official ones are around the corner. You wont get bored of ridge racers. :D

Zeno
May 24th, 2005, 17:26
I'd say Twisted Metal. So far, it is my favorite PSP game. Online play is great.

ganon
May 24th, 2005, 17:48
ridge racer

gam3r
May 24th, 2005, 20:17
mixed opinions here ...now im confused even more:P might just go for wipeout or maybe twisted metal

quzar
May 24th, 2005, 20:21
If you have any games at all for it, i would hold off until the second wave of games come out and the prices drop slightly. That way you dont have to go broke to buy one. Also, if you have a 1.0 bios, look into emulators and homebrew for it.

shizzle
May 24th, 2005, 21:18
ridge racers is by far the best value for money, there is a lot to do in it. wipeout doesnt get repetitive because you do everything within a few hours.

cheakerdoodels
May 24th, 2005, 22:58
I got wipeout pure and thought it sucked so i exchanged it for twisted metal and it's alot better it doesn't really get that boring cause there are quite a few secrets.

aseddon130
May 24th, 2005, 23:54
I am a big Pro evo/winning eleven soccer game fan and at first i wanted to get fifa to compensate until a pro evolution PSP game came out. But after playing fifa 05 on my ps2(i have fifa 05) i felt that it would be waste of money. Although i kinda like it i find it easy but it is still an option. Its also the most expensive out of the 4.

FIFA ... best game on the system that i have played ... the only reason it is the most expensive is because it is the newest game ...

leggy
May 25th, 2005, 11:14
OP - looks like you are in a bit of a dilemma - far too many games to choose from :D

aseddon130
May 25th, 2005, 11:44
OP - looks like you are in a bit of a dilemma - far too many games to choose from :D

aint we all in that boat?? :(

gam3r
May 25th, 2005, 11:46
so many games...so little money :(

Drift
May 25th, 2005, 13:15
So far I've got Ridge Racer, Lumines, Wipeout, and Twisted Metal, and to be honest I can't really see any others that I really want atm. Maybe Tiger Woods or the other Golf game, but besides that there's not an enormous amount of great stuff out yet.(that's to my taste! *covers back*)

How good does Pursuit Force look btw? Looks like one for the list.

Kpow
May 25th, 2005, 15:10
I've got Spiderman-2, Twisted Metal, Wipeout, Mercury, Untold Legends and Tiger Woods. TW is a huge game, lots of courses and more open all the time and great game play if you like golf. Twisted Metal is good but got a bit bored after finishing all vehicles. Untold Legends is good too if you like RPG, a real time soaker. As for the others haven't played them that much as spent time on TW. I want GT4 and GTA next, hopefully be out when my Pop goes to Canada in July as they only cost £22 :)

gam3r
May 25th, 2005, 15:25
Thanks guys for all your opinions really appreciate it!. Anyways just to say i bought Twisted metal but the best thing is my lovely sister offered to pay for it and how could i refuse! :). So i might even get another game as well as twisted metal, im thinking wipeout. I already got TW on PC is it the same as that?

EDIT: My psp just arrived! YAY :D Looks like no dead pixels and no import tax! The guy marked it down as die cast metal toy. Looks AWESOME CANT WAIT TO PUT THE GAME INTO THAT DREAM MACHINE WORKS CANNOT DESCRIBE WHAT I AM FEELING. lol. Its my WiFE now :P. jkin.

Just charged it. Now its sitting in its box. I need to get some sort of protection for the screen. Can anyone recomend anything? i was thinking of a screen panel or screen film or a hard case. Thx

aseddon130
May 25th, 2005, 16:16
TW on the PC is nothing like it, but don't think this is a bad thing ... because TW on the PSP is supposed to be exactly like Tiger Woods 2004 with a bit of TW2005 thrown into it, which imo is the best console version. It is on my 'to buy' list too ...

btw, u lucky git, gettin ur sis to pay for it ... :p

gam3r
May 25th, 2005, 19:24
Yeah i know :D. I feel so stupid for some reason. MY psp is sitting idle doing nothing i never imaged it to be this way lol. :(.

I really wish the PSP had a USB port so i could use a USB mem stick lol :(

shizzle
May 25th, 2005, 21:33
whats that small squarish hole on the top of the psp with a usb symbol next to it (cough). Its not like the psp can be switched to usb mode to act as a card reader/writer (cough)

gam3r
May 26th, 2005, 10:49
That little thing with the USB thing is for the USB data transfer cable mate.

Kpow
May 26th, 2005, 11:36
I got what you meant gam3r ;) you meant an actual USB port so that you could plug a USB Data stick in it direct right? :)

gam3r
May 26th, 2005, 12:47
Kpow huh? Im confused mate :). I placed an order with YESASIA but it seems it wont go through as they want me to EMAIL them my Credit card statement or the back and front of it and im not willing to do that so i will be looking elsewhere.

Anyways i was wondering if its possible to connect up another USB device, e.G a MP3 player to the PSP.This would at least gimmi something to do with my dam PSP as it looks like im not getting the game anytime soon, especially from YES ASIA.

shizzle
May 26th, 2005, 17:17
nope and who says that u cant use a usb mem stick from the usb, just get a converter/adapter to plug it in. mate.

tidusuk123
May 26th, 2005, 23:03
whats that small squarish hole on the top of the psp with a usb symbol next to it (cough). Its not like the psp can be switched to usb mode to act as a card reader/writer (cough)

funny..lol

Kpow
May 27th, 2005, 00:12
Not everybody get the jokes around here..... :D :D :D

or was he being serious.....god i hope not :p

Yeah i know :D. I feel so stupid for some reason. MY psp is sitting idle doing nothing i never imaged it to be this way lol. :(.

I really wish the PSP had a USB port so i could use a USB mem stick lol :(

shizzle
May 27th, 2005, 07:49
i did know what he meant by transfer cable , there are converters/femaleadapters to make them normal usb i think.

And can anyone tell me what that small squarish hole is ... joke :P

Kpow
May 27th, 2005, 08:13
HAHA OK, oh and that hole thing.....that's where....... ;)