PDA

View Full Version : help me figure out if its bricked or not

crappy_head
May 10th, 2007, 01:22
hi guys i need a lil help here. heres what happend. i know i have a TA-079. i upgraded it to 3.03 then downgraded to 1.50 then put in the 3.40oe-A_Installation_Noob_Proof_1.5
then i find out there is a 3.40oe-B and i think 3.40oe-C also. so i updated to the from 3.40oe-A to 3.40oe-B so i follow the readme and all it says is:

Instructions:

- Just copy the files/directories inside MS_ROOT to the root of your psp.

so i did that and the psp stated to flash the bios (i guess)and i wasnt getting the 100%s,50%s or Dones things, i was getting wierd letters. so the psp turn off and now it will turn on and go black. the mem stick wont blink ive tried everything? what are my options? new motherboard? new psp? any way to un brick it? thanx!

Wally
May 10th, 2007, 01:33
Im sure you stuffed up,

3.03 OE only has A B and C

3.40 OE only has version A

You may be able to recover through recovery mode (Holding down R while turning on the PSP, if not then you are stuck until you get a modchip or trade the PSP or whatever.

The PSP doesnt have a BIOS, its a 32mb flash.

Wally

Next Time try to be more specific and explain to us in english carefully :)

crappy_head
May 10th, 2007, 01:41
hahaa sorry english is my second language. the R button trick worked! i got a blue screen and it says recovery mode. what do i do now? ohhh so what the the lasted and greated version i can get? 3.40 OE-A?

crappy_head
May 10th, 2007, 02:27
anybody got any help?

crappy_head
May 10th, 2007, 02:53
the blue screen has some options which one do i pick to go back to 3.03OE-A or get the new 3.40OE-A
Toggle USB
Configuration
Run Program
Advance
CPU Speed
Plugins
Reg Hacks
Exit

g00gy
May 10th, 2007, 03:05
Place the update eboot at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP
and run.

it should install the firmware. try putting in the 3.40update or the 1.5 update.

good luck

crappy_head
May 10th, 2007, 03:23
sorry for all the questions but i want to get this done before i ship out (US Navy).

what file exactly do i put in the /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/ cuz i put in a EBOOT.PBP and nothing happens. do ou have a link to the right EBOOT.PBP file? the firmware i want is the 3.40OE-A

crappy_head
May 10th, 2007, 04:35
i found a site with this file Clean 1.5 Firmware Eboot and its a eboot.pbp i put it in the /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/ and run it and then nothing it just goes black and shuts off. what am i missing?

Gizmo356
May 10th, 2007, 04:58
Did you rename the 1.5 firmware eboot to UPDATE.PBP

Gene
May 10th, 2007, 05:01
You have to download the recovery pack
Here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49967

Next download the 1.5 eboot
Here http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4

then put the RECOVERY folder into Game folder and put the 1.5 update eboot into recovery only first rename it "UPDATE.pbp" then go into recovery and click x on"Run program /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP"

Then your psp should downgrade. After you are at 1.5 again, upgrade to 3.4oe-a but don't make any foolish mistakes without checking twice.

Wally
May 10th, 2007, 05:09
its best to just put the 3.40 OE flasher with the data.dxar of course :) into the recovery folder... Save you some time :)

Besides there isnt any 3.40 OE B or C

I think you are talking about 3.03 OE B and C :P
Wally

P.S Thats cool, thanks for cleaning it up :) now i understand

crappy_head
May 11th, 2007, 02:03
Thanx a million guys it all worked out and i feel ive learned a lil more now!