PDA

View Full Version : Nintendogs preview

wraggster
May 24th, 2005, 23:09
Is this the killer app for the DS? A lot of folk seem to think so. It’s the old Catz/Dogz game, on the PC, Or Tamagotch… Tamagoch… Ah hell, that pocket pet game. With a whole bucket of cute poured over it. Throw in the DS touch screen, and you’ve got some serious interaction with your furry friend.

Nintendogs is an extremely innovative title for the DS, that could push it over the edge. It could do for the DS what Doom did for the PC. Big things are expected. Woof!

Why no cats? Nintencats just sounds silly.

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2005, 23:48
hehe, did anyone see g4 tech tv's E3 live? mr Myomoto's dog was humping that other one.

ptr.exe
May 25th, 2005, 15:39
This isn't really a game, i'm dissapointed that nintendo arent releasing more 'proper' games since launch week my DS has barely been used, why? no games.

Still, i suppose this will sell units and alot of people will like it, just wish nintendo would hurry up and release AC DS.

Darksaviour69
May 25th, 2005, 18:09
it has allready sold 400,000 units in japan, this could be the DS's pokemon, a killer app to face the psp onslot

ptr.exe
May 26th, 2005, 14:46
It could be.... until pokemon DS comes out :p

Darksaviour69
May 26th, 2005, 14:57
pokemon is old news, its not cool anymore. i swear if you mention pokemon to a 8-14 year old kid they will laugh at you so hard!

ptr.exe
May 26th, 2005, 15:18
yeah, but the games still sell well. I think the games will shift alot of DS consoles.

I just dont see the point in Nintendogs, its not a game and doesnt look fun. I had Catz on my PC years ago and thought that was okay but got old quick.

Cap'n 1time
May 26th, 2005, 15:19
pokemon is old news, its not cool anymore. i swear if you mention pokemon to a 8-14 year old kid they will laugh at you so hard!

nuh uh, Most people my age run around in the streets making their favorite pokemon noise, I do it. SQUIRTLE!!! SQUIRTLE!!

jk.

Darksaviour69
May 26th, 2005, 15:32
yeah, but the games still sell well. I think the games will shift alot of DS consoles.

I just dont see the point in Nintendogs, its not a game and doesnt look fun. I had Catz on my PC years ago and thought that was okay but got old quick.

its more like the sims and tamagotie (or how ever its spelt), it has got 40/40 in the japanese mag i think, and edge have been going on about it. it has alot of appeal to the non tradational gamer. that is nintendos aim with the DS, its not going head to head psp, the psp market is the people who already have ps1s and ps2s (and soon ps3s). the DS is aim at both gamers and non gamers. and it seems that it is working from what i have been reading (but not as much a ninty had wanted/predicted)

ptr.exe
May 26th, 2005, 18:42
That would be Famitsu, they gave Pikmin 2 39/40 they just rate some games really high. Pikmin2 was good but not great.

I would buy it if i saw it for a tenner but wouldnt bother with it for £30, however i do like the feature of when you put the DS on standby your dog will communicate with any other dogs on standby to unlock stuff.

My main thing is i want 'proper' games, i dont want novelty stuff that i'll get bored of quickly, excluding Animal Crossing DS :p