PDA

View Full Version : How do I get PSX games onto my 3.40 OE-A

skulkk
May 11th, 2007, 10:40
Ok, before anyone flames me, i have searched the forums, and all the treads i found presume you know something about converting psx games to begin with, which i don't:confused: .

I have a 3.40 OE-A firmware PSP, and i'm wishing to convert from uk ps1 original discs, could anyone please point me to a guide that will walk me thru it. I have managed to install loads of homebrew, emulators and custom xmb icons, reflashed a few times to newer OE firmware, but this confuses me.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

BloodLust8
May 11th, 2007, 11:42
Copy the game on the memory stick to....

[root]\psp\Game\*GameName*

parkermauney
May 11th, 2007, 12:17
I use MagicISO for this, but you can use a different program. You must have the registered version for it to work. First, insert a psx disk, then in MagicISO, rip it to a bin/cue file. Then download "Simple POPS Gui" (google) and then convert it with that. It'll even put itself on your psp for you.

skulkk
May 11th, 2007, 12:20
Thanks, but i mean converting them from playstation 1 disc

-Xandu-
May 11th, 2007, 12:20
You can use Alcohol 120% to dump your CD-ROM.

Then use IceTea to convert and compress it ;).

skulkk
May 11th, 2007, 15:16
Thanks for all your help folks, managed to rip some psx discs, is there any way to edit the epb file to add name in xmb menu, or does it have to be done before conversion?

parkermauney
May 12th, 2007, 02:26
I haven't figured out how to change the name, it appears fine in the sfo, but doesn't show up. Just add icon0.png and pic0.png as you convert.

gamerremag
May 12th, 2007, 03:11
remember that link in the psp-news homepage that tells you how to do this... and its in video form?

anyway:

magic ISO pro
----------place cd rom in tray
-------------convert it to bin/cue

icetea
-----find bin
------add in extra files (pics, ad3, ect)
-----------convert

psp
-----game
---------Slus/Scus xxxxx (x stands for number)
----------------^file in there
^place file here ^
p
l
a
c
e

h
e
r
e

Micky_c_dog
May 17th, 2007, 12:37
lol i got magicISOpro and searched every foum known to man just to forget spyro 2 isnt compatible

gamerremag
May 17th, 2007, 22:40
^obviously you dont do well in you language class at school

lol

i sent a "how to" ish pm. pm me back if it doesnt work

molster
May 24th, 2007, 19:36
Well i have used homebrews back when i first got my psp (the day after it came out) but not long after I updated to play megaman mavric hunters, none the less. im finally back to homebrews..and boy has it changed. I am now as well looking how to get psx on the psp, and I only have to questions after reading this, and reading the link on the home page as one person as said here.

They are using 3.03oe b on the front, and say you need that golf game.. do you still need that for 3.40eo A'

also, they say some PAL games dont work and you need to convert them, I did a search, but could not find what PAL means, thanks for your time with helping!!

Triv1um
May 24th, 2007, 19:41
PAL is the European format of games as apose to NTSC, use my tutorial here -

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56492&highlight=simple+popstation

This will get your PSX game on your psp in no time :)

molster
May 24th, 2007, 19:54
ah yes very helpfull, and it looks like you no longer need that golf game, great!

thank you for your help, the world of homebrews has changed a great deal lol. (I had totally forgot that I had an account here, when i went to go make this one it said it was already here, and bang. what do you know...just shows you how long ive been without the good old homebrews lol)