PDA

View Full Version : Saturn or Dreamcast Emulators?

zoson
May 11th, 2007, 13:56
So I was wondering if there were any homebrew projects for these systems? I'd LOVE to play some games from these systems on my psp!!!

I think both systems were technically inferior to the ps1?

yaustar
May 11th, 2007, 13:58
No. The Saturn is stupidly more technically complex then the PS1.

The Dreamcast was much more powerful then the PS1.

The PSP isn't fast enough handle either regardless.

zoson
May 11th, 2007, 14:01
that makes me one sad panda.

gamerremag
May 12th, 2007, 03:18
hey, is there anyway to put ps3 games on a psp?

lol, basically any system that can be emulated, is allready emulated/being worked on for the psp. if you think it is possible, check the specs of your system and compare them to the psp. if the psp's is much higher, then complain like no tomorrow in the forums section

parkermauney
May 12th, 2007, 03:29
Hi i noob i want mack osx on mah psp plz. PLZ SUM1 mk A EMU 4 IT!

jk

gamerremag
May 12th, 2007, 03:33
leopard ? that would be easy. lol

well, actually you could make a portal of it, like the windows xp portals

Gold Line
May 12th, 2007, 03:39
and can someone make a gamecube emu for me (joking)

gamerremag
May 12th, 2007, 03:48
^im allready done with it, what s your email, ill send it to you, but you can t gived it to anyone else

Wally
May 12th, 2007, 08:04
technically DC and Saturn would be possible if the dev knew heaps about the platform or processor.

Not all consoles / games use the processor to the full extent so there is probably a way of getting either to run

Then again the same thing was said about N64 emulators and people were thwarted that it works

Cheyzak
May 12th, 2007, 12:17
If Sega and Sony worked together, they could make a perfect emu for both systems for the PSP. But we all know what are the chances of that happening.

gamerremag
May 12th, 2007, 14:12
^then what was the point of that post.....

and the point of this one was to find the point of that one....just incase you ask

Exophase
May 12th, 2007, 18:18
Dreamcast emulation is 100% out of the question, come on everyone.. Dreamcast's CPU is almost as powerful as PSP's, and the graphics are in some ways more powerful (a lot more VRAM for one thing). Not to mention that the games are much higher resolution than what PSP can support. It can't happen, it's impossible.

Saturn is almost definitely out. Think about it, how many high performance PS1 emulators have we seen from people besides Sony, who know how to do things we probably never will, like actually utilize the VME? Now, how do PS1 emulators for PC compare to Saturn emulators? I'll tell you, they're much less demanding, even though a lot of technology and refinement eventually made its way to Saturn emulators (like recompilers and 3D acceleration).

Also lolz at someone thinking PS1 is superior to Dreamcast.

gamerremag
May 12th, 2007, 19:37
lol when we see nights on our psps, that, that will be the day

Gold Line
May 12th, 2007, 19:44
^im allready done with it, what s your email, ill send it to you, but you can t gived it to anyone else

my e-mail is - [email protected]

gamerremag
May 12th, 2007, 20:20
i also sent you the 3.40 official sony downgrader

Gold Line
May 12th, 2007, 20:27
thats dude ........... OMG they dont work :rofl:

kharaboudjan
May 12th, 2007, 23:52
NO NO NO! it wont work!! plz dont ask this question again

Classic80s
May 19th, 2007, 06:57
This is almost as bad as the time ***s wanted to port project 64 on the psp because Daedalus R-10 was "poorly made."

gamerremag
May 20th, 2007, 00:28
because someone with 15 posts is cool?

slik da relic
May 30th, 2007, 20:28
i really dont think psp could do DC, even though the joypad is a perfect fit... (both companies are fools for this) and the Saturn definately needs joint support.

da relic

KeenCommander
May 30th, 2007, 23:10
Saturn would be quite possible if it was made officially by SEGA, since they would have all of the knowledge of the platform, as well as professional programmers. Unfortunately, no one in the homebrew community has proper PSP devkits or that much knowledge of the Saturn. The hardware of the Saturn was poorly designed and overly complex so even though graphically and hardware-wise it doesn't have anything that couldn't be done on the PSP, it is very hard to emulate since so little is known about the inner workings of the hardware, which would be needed to produce a more efficient emulator. This is why you can't even emulate the Saturn at any great speed on a modern computer. It's actually harder to emulate than the dreamcast (Chankast runs at full speed on about 1.5Ghz, Cassini (or any of the others) probably wouldn't get full speed on anything short of a supercomputer.

Dreamcast is just as powerful as the PSP, if not more so. Therefore it would be ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to emulate. It generally takes a computer at least twice as powerful as the original machine to be able to emulate it, especially if it is a homemade emulator rather than an official one (Virtual Console on Wii, Popstation). I do however wish someone would make some Dreamcast ports to the PSP. Crapcom, king of re-releases should port Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter III to the PSP (actually those would technically be arcade ports but they were released for Dreamcast). And of course Jet Grind Radio FTW:) .

Please correct me if any of my technical information was wrong.

cdoty
June 3rd, 2007, 11:40
No. The Saturn is stupidly more technically complex then the PS1.

The Dreamcast was much more powerful then the PS1.

The PSP isn't fast enough handle either regardless.

Huh?
The Saturn is less technically complex than the PSX.

If a N64 emulator can be written for the PSP. a Saturn emulator should be possible. The advantage of the Saturn emulator is that it wouldn't have to hold all of the CD data in memory. On the N64, the entire rom could be accessed at any time.

JKKDARK
June 3rd, 2007, 17:19
cdoty, Saturn has 8 Processors...