PDA

View Full Version : The 1.5 rule

shizzle
May 25th, 2005, 21:39
Ok i totally agree with the 1.5 rule in stopping people from continuosly asking questions like "when will 1.5 be cracked" which no one knows. But when u just closed they guys post it wasnt a question that had been asked before or particually that annoying or typical. Dont we only need the sony signature to make eboots that will run on 1.5 so asking wether emus will need to be recoded for 1.5 wasnt even that bad. He did dis you which is cause for consern but it was a bit pointless to slate him in the first place. No reason to close his thread...
what does the admin think??

quzar
May 25th, 2005, 21:46
because there is absolutely no way to know at this point. Everyone who is working on it and says its simply a signature that needs to be cracked also says that it is only a guess.

There is really no way to know, even if it is just a signature, wether whoever cracks it will make it compatible with the current system, or will have written a whole new system for it. My analogy was proper and although an exaggeration, holds true because there isnt a way to know. For all we know at this point, there is now way through software to break 1.5 or 1.51's security without extra hardware (modchip) and then homebrew will need absolutely no changes to work.

BlingShyne2 TAA
May 25th, 2005, 22:28
I'm sorry for what I said Q, I usually don't look at a person's rank or post count when judging someone, and I had no idea you were a mod or a dev for that matter.

Anyways, your post was smart-assy and annoyed me because I catch the same shit at every PSP forum I go to.

Anyways, I'm sure there are some people who know if the current progs will need to be re-done in order to work on... 1.5.

I won't bring it up anymore, sorry. :(

quzar
May 25th, 2005, 22:36
Point is that there isnt any way to know. It all depends on the solution and how it is integrated into the development packages. It could be made so that a simple recompile with make it usable with both 1.0 and 1.5. Conversly, whoever figures it out first may decide to write their whole own set of things which will be completely incompatible with the current way things work. Its almost like how on the Dreamcast some things are released as an NTSC and a PAL version, while others have autodetection.

In the end its the same waiting game as asking wether current homebrew does or doesnt with with 1.5. and the questioning really is pointless because even if things are completely incompatible and need to be ported again, its not like that is a long process once it has been done at all.

shizzle
May 25th, 2005, 22:41
we had no homebrew/emus 2 months ago. Only really a month ago it kicked off. Id say a month to 2 and itll all come in to the open. I don't know why sony would want to stop this happening though, its just being stingy.Theyre probably lose money because of it.

BlingShyne2 TAA
May 25th, 2005, 23:44
Well thanks for clearing things up guys.

I'm just extremely anxious to Mega-Man-It-Up on my PSP.

@ Qu: Friends? :(

Anyways, Lets just hope that the PSP can kick a bigger piece of our asses then it already has after 1.5 Emu comes into the scene. :D

Later...