PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: a good movie convertor that WORKS!!!

oasismark
May 26th, 2005, 10:11
I've had my PSP for a month now but havn't watched a single film or show cos i can't get them to convert correctly.

Videopsp9 is rubbish, the sound is always out of sync.

I want to convert DVDs i own (movies and sitcoms) to play on a 512 memory stick.

What programe do you guys use?

And what settings?

SoQb0nc5r
May 26th, 2005, 11:05
my psp video 9 works perfectly :/ but the files u convert have to be .avi

Pecks2005
May 26th, 2005, 12:17
try RaPiZ PSP it works fine with everything i have done :)

oasismark
May 26th, 2005, 14:24
try RaPiZ PSP it works fine with everything i have done :)

That was the last one i tried, i just kept getting an error message.

What settings do you use please?

oasismark
May 26th, 2005, 17:09
Found a programme called PSP Max Media Manager over at www.pspforums.com, people saying it's the best one.

I'm at work now so can't try it.

Anyone else use it?

ganon
May 26th, 2005, 17:13
nero recode is the best for me

shizzle
May 26th, 2005, 17:18
or 3gp

Jdemon
May 28th, 2005, 04:11
I suggest 3GP. :D It's simple to use, and will convert direct from a vob,avi, or mpeg.
The only thing with your DVD's is you'll have to use something like DVD Decrypter to extract the vob files...but no other conversions are required.

----below is a copy from a post I wrote somewhere on how to use 3GP----

I'm by far not an expert but I will attempt to give a brief explaination of my experience with 3GP...

Mpeg/Avi/or Vob seem to work quite well for me...other formats...I don't have a clue. And I believe you also need to have Quicktime installed on your PC in order for the program to work. (apple.com I think)

First...Locate the install folder
'3GP_Converter031' - should be the name of the folder but where you might have it stored on your HD I sure wouldn't dare to guess.

There are two important files..one is the program '3GP_Converter.exe' the other is the setup 'Setup.exe' This controls the encoding settings for the output file type and in the bottom left the language settings. So start that up first and make sure you are set for "English" (assuming that since most of this post is in English that is what you want)
Then select the second to last setting on the list "MP4 for PSP (Direct, renamed)" and click "Apply" then close the setup.

OK now click on '3GP_Converter.exe'
The pulldown bar in the center controls the file conversion quality. Personally I use the '29.97 fps/768kbps Stereo/128kbps' setting since most movies fit quite nicely on my 1GB card with this setting and they look and sound great.

Below that is the Output Directory setting. You can ust this to pick the folder you want your converted files to go into. Thoes of you having trouble finding converted files might want to change this to your desktop or something simmilar.

Drag and Drop the file into the window at the top and it should start converting. It should take at least a few minutes for a file conversion, even at low quality output rates. Once the file is done double click on it and just check it quickly when it opens in Quicktime.

Place the files (MP4 and THM) in your folder "MP_ROOT\100MNV01" on your Memory Stick Pro Duo. Note that all letters need to be in CAPS and the underscore...not space.

gam3r
May 28th, 2005, 10:12
Rapiz is the best. Been using it for a few days i've had no problem.Its dead easy to use as well just make sure you got the quick time codec installed and you have the language changed to English in the settings.

Good luck

SmashinGit
May 28th, 2005, 11:15
Try Dvd Shrink, You can cut films down to size, so just choose the action parts if you want, and then use psp video 9 to convert it to work on the psp. Have been using dvd shrink for a while and in my opinion there's nothink better.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

ganon
May 28th, 2005, 11:17
new versions of nero already has a profile for the psp so it easy to use

Jdemon
May 29th, 2005, 01:03
What build of Nero?

SmashinGit
May 30th, 2005, 19:33
I was just wondering, is there any difference visually between a umd movie and a film you have converted to run from your memory card?