PDA

View Full Version : My PSP will not power up.

PhilipMUFC
May 26th, 2005, 14:51
Hello,

This might be a problem with a really easy or difficult solution. Since I took my PSP out of the box it would not power up properly. It has been fully charged, and is the Japanese version. When I flick the power switch on, the screen and the green light both light up for a second then disappear. I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, and holding the power button for 15 seconds etc. but nothing seems to be working... :(

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance, Philip

Cap'n 1time
May 26th, 2005, 14:53
Hello,

This might be a problem with a really easy or difficult solution. Since I took my PSP out of the box it would not power up properly. It has been fully charged, and is the Japanese version. When I flick the power switch on, the screen and the green light both light up for a second then disappear. I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, and holding the power button for 15 seconds etc. but nothing seems to be working... :(

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance, Philip

all I can say is buy a new battery.

oasismark
May 26th, 2005, 15:15
Erm.....

Maybe try holding the power switch up.

When the psp is on, a quick flick up will put the psp into sleep mode, whilst holding it up turnes if off.

Other that that, it sounds buggered!! :eek:

EDIT...

Just re-read, and seams youv'e tried what i said.

erm... it's buggered!

leggy
May 26th, 2005, 15:18
Have you tried it using the power cable instead of the battery?

PhilipMUFC
May 26th, 2005, 15:20
Thanks for the replies.

Power... cable?

If you mean the charger i've tried using it while plugged in, still no result.

leggy
May 26th, 2005, 16:55
In that case, I hope you have got a receipt!

PhilipMUFC
May 26th, 2005, 18:09
Yep, you guys sure there's no solution then, because sending it back is gonna be hell (live in UK, ordered from Japan). :(

leggy
May 27th, 2005, 15:35
Let us know how you get on and good luck!!

orochi-x
May 28th, 2005, 21:47
where about in the uk you from? Maybe if someone lives close you could try thier battery 1st. I had to send some faulty gear back to Japan a few years back and it was a complete nightmare. I'm from Birmingham btw.

SoQb0nc5r
May 28th, 2005, 23:14
hey i live in manchester too :) (u mufc fan :D)

yep, only thing that comes to mind, is to buy a new battery :)

leggy
May 29th, 2005, 18:24
Surely it would not just be the battery at fault if the maachine doesn't even work with the power cable - it looks like the PSP itself might be shagged :-(

leigh
May 29th, 2005, 22:05
Surely it would not just be the battery at fault if the maachine doesn't even work with the power cable - it looks like the PSP itself might be shagged :-(
does the power cable definately work properly?

aseddon130
May 30th, 2005, 16:49
i had the problem of it not powering on properly yesterday, tried charging up the PSP and still no luck ... then i realised i'd took the battery out to hide from my brother to stop him playing it when i went out :s (lol)