PDA

View Full Version : Any Pro Evo fans got FIFA?

oasismark
May 26th, 2005, 17:12
I've just ordered FIFA for PSP, but i'm a massive Pro Evo fan and swore i would never touch a FIFA game again.

But I'm loving Tiger Woods and desperatly want to play footy on my PSP so plumped for FIFA over World Tour Soccer (or whatever it is).

Any Pro Evo fans currently playing FIFA?

How does it compare gameplay wise?

Sir_Winston
May 26th, 2005, 17:22
its same old shitty FIFA but until Pro Evo arrives its the best weve got

aseddon130
May 26th, 2005, 18:31
no way, FIFA hasn't been 'shitty' since 2004. If you want a good idea of what FIFA is like on the PSP then i reckon u shud rent or borrow Fifa 2005 on the PS2, and then imagine it with slightly less-detailed graphics. I have it and i think its great :D -

however, as you are a Pro Evo fan i can see how u are thinking never to get it, but there has always been two kinds of people:
Pro Evo lovers and FIFA lovers

however i am a rarity where i love both of them, Pro Evo is awesome for a good party of friends, stick a tournament on and its sorted :D , with FIFA i cannot do that because all my mates are 'Pro Evo lovers' but i cant play Pro Evo on my own, because i think its too hard on 3stars and above, with Fifa though i find it thoroughly enjoyable compared to Pro Evo, even tho Pro Evo is the better game ...

like Sir Winston says, its the best we got till Pro Evo PSP, which is gonna be soon i reckon. Even tho i got FIFA, im still definately getting Pro Evo PSP :D

PS. DO NOT GET WORLD TOUR SOCCER, IT SUCKS! for an idea on how that is, go rent This Is Football ...

gam3r
May 28th, 2005, 15:44
I was considering getting the PSP FIFA but i thought again.

I used to be a ex-fifa fanboy and played fifa 2004 alot until about april last year, when i discovered the greatness of pro evo/winning eleven. I started playing that and didn't touch fifa after that.

I bought FIFA 2005 when it came out on ps2 because i wanted to try it out. Guess what? compared to PES it sucked...it was way to easy. Scoring long range screamers in like 4 games of playing. IT was fun for awhile i gotta admit and it would be an ok replacement for PES until it comes out, but me, i think ill wait and spend my money on the masterful PES game when it comes out.

The other day i played fifa 2005 on my ps2 and i thought forget it.

Hope this helps

Odie
May 28th, 2005, 18:10
I've got to disagree with aseddon130, I purchased WTS for my PSP when it first came out to tide me over till FIFA was released.

It's a pretty decent game, only really lacking a little in the commentary department and it doesn't have a season mode.

I purchased FIFA for the PSP a few weeks ago (I'm a big FIFA fan on the PC - I've got every edition since 1997) but apart from the slick presentation, the jerky play and hiccups when the ball goes out of play are just too hard to overlook considering the price of a PSP game on import. I'm now selling FIFA to fund NBA Street Showdown and I'll be hanging onto World Tour for my football fix till Winning Eleven or Pro Evo are released.

- Odie

tidusuk123
May 29th, 2005, 15:43
fifa is a very simplified football game (score from near the half line constantly) whereas pro evo is a different game each time you play. i think if you are desperate to play football on the psp, just go for fifa for now, but it will be nowhere as good as pro evo. just my opinion though.