PDA

View Full Version : Help with connecting with DSVNC!

JamesDSP
May 13th, 2007, 20:59
Hey, my first post!

I use Ultra VNC on day to day basis for connecting to my PC. I saw DSVNC and I though: "This is a life saver!" because, I wouldn't have to be at another PC or carry a laptop. So, I put it on my Max Media Dock for the original DS (not DS Lite) and it comes up fine.

ONE PROBLEM...

I entered the IP and port of the server in DSVNC (at home to test it) and I cannot connect. All I get is an error telling me to check my WiFi connection saved to my DS or my WiFi settings on my network. I reset my router to factory defaults and made sure no security was on. Then I reconfigured my NWC setting on my DS. Still, no go. So, that was not the problem. I still can't connect...

Anyone have this problem? Any help is appreciated and Thanks in advance if I don't get back to you. Thanks!

DanTheManMS
May 13th, 2007, 21:22
First off, make sure you use manual settings in the WFC config, not automatic. Homebrew has a hard time with DHCP. Secondly, if you get an error the first time, just try again. For me, it only worked the second time I tried connecting.

Note that if you have a large screen, DSVNC can be pretty slow, especially if there's an animation on the screen. Still, I find it somewhat usable.

Pilot_51
May 13th, 2007, 22:34
For me, it only worked the second time I tried connecting.

Note that if you have a large screen, DSVNC can be pretty slow, especially if there's an animation on the screen. Still, I find it somewhat usable.I have the same problem where it never works the first time but almost always the second time.
I have a dual-monitor setup (1024x768 + 1280x1024) and it works decently as long as there isn't a lot changing on the screen, and it only works with the low quality setting.

JamesDSP
May 13th, 2007, 22:52
First off, make sure you use manual settings in the WFC config, not automatic. Homebrew has a hard time with DHCP.

So, you mean like entering all the WFC stuff manually instead of automatically searching for a AP? I set my router to Static IP if that helps... Thanks.

DanTheManMS
May 13th, 2007, 22:59
I mean manually entering in an IP address for your DS and DNS servers rather than having the DS automatically obtain them. Searching for the AP is fine, but you need to input the exact connection details afterwards.

JamesDSP
May 13th, 2007, 23:30
I mean manually entering in an IP address for your DS and DNS servers rather than having the DS automatically obtain them. Searching for the AP is fine, but you need to input the exact connection details afterwards.

Wow! That worked! I just configured all my WFC manually like you said and I was able to connect! The only other gripe I would have would be: having to set my DS clock to "00:00" in the firmware. For some reason, that's the only way DSVNC will work (touch screen locks if not). But who cares, it works! Thanks, again. :thumbup:

Pilot_51
May 14th, 2007, 20:12
I have my DS set for auto and my router set for static and it works fine.