PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast Coding Competition?

Elven6
May 14th, 2007, 00:35
Since their as been a huge drop in Dreamcast Homebrew since, well a long time. I was wondering if anyone would be intrested in participating if I offered 1400MP or mabye Sony/Wii points depending on what I could find. But the thing is, most of them are probably going to be Canada only (Since that is where I live and were I would buy them from aswell). But I think if you create a Canadian account on XBL (Sorry, Im not familar with how PSN or Wii Channel work), you should get those points credited and have the ability to download stuff (Besides movies of course if your American).

So would anyone be intrested?

Dull Blade
May 15th, 2007, 03:14
I'm interested, I'm starting to learn fenix (source can be ported to DC). Is that an acceptable language? If so I'm in for it. I dont really have one of the latest gen systems, but I'm not really bothered about the prize, I just want to compete.

Elven6
May 15th, 2007, 04:23
Compete for free and give back to the community? Alright, you can do anything as long as it will run on a normal Dreamcast without blowing it up or shorting its life span due to not calculating something right.

Edit: What do you mean by source? A source code? Or some engine?

Btw: It hasn't started yet because Im still deciding on the rules and stuff. We also need atleast 2 participants for me to make this offical.

Spread the word!

Darksaviour69
May 15th, 2007, 12:55
you will be hearing an announcement soon....

Elven6
May 15th, 2007, 14:14
Why is someone planning one too?

Dull Blade
May 15th, 2007, 21:00
Edit: What do you mean by source? A source code? Or some engine?

Sorry for my lack of proper terminology, I'm some what new to programming (only about a year of experience) any way I mean the file that contains the game code can be written to a disk with a few other files, and it will run like a normal DC game.

Mark30001
May 15th, 2007, 21:35
Why is someone planning one too?

Indeed. ;)

Elven6
May 15th, 2007, 21:55
Indeed. ;)

Who? And when does it start? I could probably host mine before or even after depending on when the other one starts.