PDA

View Full Version : PSP to PC

adidaf
May 14th, 2007, 10:58
It's been almost a week since my PSP can't connect with my computer. I think something is wrong with either my PSP or the USB cable or both, but the USB cable still works. I know this for a fact because whenever I try to connect it to the comp the PSP says it's on USB mode although it won't install the PSP in it. I'm very disappointed now because I can no longer transfer my files from my comp and I'm stuck with all my files from before I want to change. I hope someone could really help.

Plus, I'm really curious of the Toggle USB option at Recovery Mode. How does it work? I tried clicking on it and it said USB enabled so I tried exiting recovery and went to USB connection but still nothing happens. It's still the same USB-mode-without-installing-the-hardware thing. When I disabled it in the recovery mode, same. OMG I'm really disappointed with this clearly. HELP! :(

Cloudhunter
May 14th, 2007, 12:12
Toggle USB just allows you to access USB in recovery mode.

I'm afraid I don't know how to fix the problem. I believe it is a Windows issue.

Cloudy

parkermauney
May 14th, 2007, 12:15
Yeah, in recovery, select "Toggle USB", and don't exit. Plug in a usb. When your done transfering your files, select it again to disable it.

SpooForBrains
May 14th, 2007, 12:18
Sounds like an issue with your PC to be honest.

adidaf
May 14th, 2007, 12:23
I doubt it's with the computer because I already tried five of my friends' different computers to no avail. I'm heading to Sony tomorrow arrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggg :mad: :mad: :mad:

The computers don't even say Found New Hardware for Christ's sake......

Gizmo356
May 14th, 2007, 13:04
Get the adapter for the memory stick.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Memory-Stick-Adapter-MSAC-PC3/dp/B000083J0C

or

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CD7K9/ref=dp_cp_ob_title_1/002-8643620-4768846

adidaf
May 14th, 2007, 13:16
what does it do?

bah
May 14th, 2007, 14:56
Its most likely the cable, even if it partially detects the PSP but doesn't mount the mstick as a drive.

Try another cable or wriggling the cable at both ends.

If a new cable doesnt work then you can buy a card reader/writer for like $20 as gizmo356 suggested and put data on the mstick that way.

adidaf
May 14th, 2007, 15:00
does that mean if your option won't work either, then my PSP stays this way forever? Sony will pay :(

bah
May 14th, 2007, 19:11
Huh?

You probably just need to try another cable, wriggle the one you have now or clean the contacts on both the unit and cable.

The card reader is a way to put data on the mstick without the PSP (you take it out and put the card in the reader to transfer data).

If somehow it wont work with a new cable, cleaning the contacts or a different PC it may have something to do with the custom firmware, though I have never heard of this. That would be your own responsibility not sony's.

Memento
May 15th, 2007, 12:48
just use the cable of an MP3 or somethin

Auriman1
May 15th, 2007, 13:10
Have you tried restarting the computer? I've had this problem before, and that corrected it for me.

pt9087
May 15th, 2007, 14:24
I had this problem before, there is a winodws file that goes in system32 when you first plug in your psp, i would upload it but its ilegal.... google it thats what i did. Or plug in a different psp!!