PDA

View Full Version : Emulation questions on an M3 Simply

Bendezium
May 16th, 2007, 05:22
Hey guys. I was wondering what my options are for decent emulators on the m3 simply that will allow me to load my roms to the microsd without packing it in the emulator file? Hope you understand my questions.
Thanks.

DanTheManMS
May 16th, 2007, 23:48
Depends on the system. For SNES, your best option would be SNEmulDS, while for the Genesis your only option is PicoDriveDS, both of which support loading the files directly from the card. For the M3 Simply, there is currently no NES emulator that will let you browse for .nes files on your card, though NES DS is supposedly getting DLDI support sometime soon, so hopefully that will change. For GB/GBC use the latest version of Lameboy.

Bendezium
May 17th, 2007, 16:25
For the M3 Simply, there is currently no NES emulator that will let you browse for .nes files on your card, though NES DS is supposedly getting DLDI support.

Thanks, but this is really upsetting :(

DanTheManMS
May 17th, 2007, 23:00
The problem is that NES DS is coded to use the $6000 ARM SDT for compiling, so only a very few select people can do anything with the source. Emu_kidid was the one that originally updated the emulator to add support for more devices, and about a month ago he reported that he was adding DLDI support, but I haven't heard anything about it since. Loopy, the original creator, has returned somewhat but doesn't appear to be working on it too much.