PDA

View Full Version : Easied way to play AVI?

Dunpeal1978
May 16th, 2007, 18:14
I'm trying to find the easiest way to play AVI and MOV files without having to transcode them. I'm trying to use PSP Media Player 0.0.5 (unofficial skinned) ,but it only plays the sound on my AVI file and never loads the video. I want to be able to just drag and drop the files,or at least only have to perform one or two quick steps before I can view them.Does anyone know any homebrew or tutorials that can help me?

jmendes
May 16th, 2007, 18:31
video files come in a crap load of codec formats. If even WMP has trouble playing some of them, i dont think PSP MP will ever be able to handle every video file that easily. If a file doesnt play, ull probably have to transcode it.

Dunpeal1978
May 16th, 2007, 18:37
I'm fully aware of that problem. Its seems that the PSP media players out there can play it once you resize it to 480X272,or change the file into a PMP file.But are either of those methods any faster than using say for instance: PSP Video 9? I hate that program,it takes all day.I don't care about resolution I just wanna watch it on the bus.

dejkirkby
May 16th, 2007, 20:35
I use ImToo Mpeg Encoder 3 to convert all my video and audio files and it takes minutes to do.

Gold Line
May 16th, 2007, 20:41
PSP Video 9 is crap dont use it
i use PSP Movie by PQDVD

Dunpeal1978
May 16th, 2007, 20:52
Ok but those are software that you have to pay for.Are there any decent freeware applications out there,that are better than PSP Video 9?

pt9087
May 17th, 2007, 19:12
3gp Converter!

stormie
May 18th, 2007, 10:22
Well, WinAVI MP4 Converter , its probably the fastest converter, does well also, horrible at labeling files. Psp video 9 wasnt that bad. Does what it suppose to do. Id go with winavi, since it converts mostly any file^^.

Dunpeal1978
May 18th, 2007, 21:59
I used 3GP and it was pretty fast. What is the best setting so I can get the best video quality out of it.

potatoman
May 20th, 2007, 21:14
3gp is an old format for phone video, to get whatever good you can out of it, go for a high resolution or framerate over bitrate. bitrate in 3gp offer almost no (visible) quality difference.

Dunpeal1978
May 21st, 2007, 16:49
3gp is an old format for phone video, to get whatever good you can out of it, go for a high resolution or framerate over bitrate. bitrate in 3gp offer almost no (visible) quality difference.

Well I'm a noob when it comes to video transcoding settings,and abreviations.So you could't maybe explain some of the abreviations in 3GP?Or perhaps suggest the best setting for 3GP?

forkart
May 26th, 2007, 16:18
You can use yasa psp video converter to convert all your video to psp mp4 video. It works very well.
http://www.yasasoft.com/mp4videoconverter/

Tesseract
May 28th, 2007, 22:58
Is there a way to alter PiMPStreamer so it reads and encodes on the fly a local file on the PSP itself? It's able to recode on the fly some videos that I've had to completely re-encode just to get to work with WMP.

If one could make a version that's basically the PiMPStreamer server and client app all rolled into one, then it would allow pretty much any video/audio file to be played.