PDA

View Full Version : REZ vs Crazy Taxi

Darksaviour69
May 30th, 2005, 11:36
REZ (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/rez)

vs

Crazy Taxi (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/crazy-taxi)

Darksaviour69
May 30th, 2005, 11:43
i likr cazy taxi, but REZ is the best game ever in my book!

SmashinGit
May 30th, 2005, 12:39
Rez all the way!

Christuserloeser
May 30th, 2005, 16:10
Rez - I finally brought my DC because of it. It was the last thing missing to convince me that I need to buy a DC asap :)

Eric
May 30th, 2005, 16:45
I do hear alot of people talking about rez and i do hear alot of people bashing the game. Myself though i never played Rez. I do have Crazy Taxi and found that game to be quite amazing and a very good Arcade perfect port. But i am going to be left out on this one cause i do not own Rez :(.

Eric

Christuserloeser
May 30th, 2005, 17:45
If you like Panzer Dragoon and if you like music and if you like digital arts - this one is for you.

The PAL or Japanese DC versions are very expensive now I think and there's no North American release - only Sega, MS and Sony know why.
If you also do own a PS2 you really should grab that version cause it'd be cheaper. Though it's a 1:1 port, it's not exactly the same to play it on a PS2 but better than nothing.

Eric
May 30th, 2005, 18:22
Yeah i know what you mean. DC is better less irritation to the eyes like PS2 cause PS2 tries to push so much. Yeah its only available in Japan but just looking at Gamespot there was a response from Sega that it would be released for Europe although this was alongtime ago i have no clue if it was.

Christuserloeser
May 30th, 2005, 22:06
I think they're pretty much the same - 1:1, both run in 60Hz mode and 60fps. It's just not the same playing a Dreamcast game on a PS2 :D

PS - It's been released for DC here in Europe, same as Headhunter and Shenmue2 and a bunch of other games. I know it for sure as I do have the European PAL release of REZ.
When I wrote "PAL or Japanese DC version" I meant "European or Japanese".

There must have been some contract with Sony and/or MS that Sega didn't release those games for DC in North America.
Though the DC was extremly successful here in Europe with 1 Million units sold after one year on the market, the DC was even much more successful in NA.

Darksaviour69
May 31st, 2005, 11:43
i got my REZ (pal) for £6 on ebay! only a couple of months ago... but it was a promotional version (for the game stores) but it is a full version game so i'm happy

M@jk
May 31st, 2005, 19:35
naturally Rez, especially at night :>

btw. very strange confrontation :)

M@jk
May 31st, 2005, 19:38
Though it's a 1:1 port, it's not exactly the same to play it on a PS2 but better than nothing.

I don`t agree, the PS2 version is smoother than REZ on Dreamcast.

fackue
May 31st, 2005, 19:44
Crazy Taxi. Rez sucks!

Pavlik
May 31st, 2005, 22:20
Rez all the way!
Me too. REZ is the one of the best game ever !!!

quzar
June 1st, 2005, 09:23
My time on the Dreamcast is split 3 ways: Rez, Crazy Taxi 2 and MS Gundam Federation vs Zeon DX. If this were about CT2 it would have been a hard decisions =P.

beetroot bertie
June 1st, 2005, 13:42
Hmm. This was a tricky one for me. I've gone for Rez because it's a bold game that shows that all games don't have to look the same. Crazy taxi nearly got my vote for the fun factor (especially with a steering wheel and foot pedals) and that's what good gaming should be about, but Rez gets it for all it's design style - sheer class. Oh, and it plays good too.

Gameholic
June 1st, 2005, 19:07
I have chosen Crazi Taxi because im looking to the amount of fun i had with the two games. I spent A LOT of time with CT and i have REZ for PS2 (bummer ;)) but despite it's unique gameplay i still prefer Crazy Taxi for the high funfactor.

guyTHP
June 2nd, 2005, 00:27
My time on the Dreamcast is split 3 ways: Rez, Crazy Taxi 2 and MS Gundam Federation vs Zeon DX. If this were about CT2 it would have been a hard decisions =P.

I agree, I have crazy taxi 2 and it is an excellent game. However, it is a sequel, rez is more original (it is a strange comparison!) and, although I've probably clocked up more play time on crazy taxi II (I got rez after I got that!), I'd go for rez, simply because it is unique and playable with it.

FrierTuck
June 2nd, 2005, 02:54
Carzy Taxi was one of the first games i ever played on DC and i love OffSpring so that would be my choice without thinking, but if i actuall thought about it i would have to say REZ, just because it is so cool

turnerl
June 2nd, 2005, 03:05
CT Rocks !!!! but REZ is one mother of a game, so I'd have to say REZ !!!

chaos-unleashed
June 3rd, 2005, 21:53
Ct For Me!