PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Logo Changing For The DS Tutorial

XioN980
May 20th, 2007, 04:07
Tools You Will Need:
RomeR 1.0.2 (Available on this very site)
Irfan View (Free software: Google it)

Okay Now install irfan view and extract the files from the RomeR archive to a folder of your choice.

Then, take your .bmp image file, preferably sqaure as irfan view keeps the scale ratio, but other apps can change it ;) and open it with irfan view.

Go to Image -> Resize/Resample and click, set new size, in pixels, this should be the default selection but now you know what they have to be :eek:

Resize it to as close as you can to 32x32, if it was square this wont be problem but if it wasn't you want it as close to square as you can get.

Then go to Image -> Decrease Colour Depth,
Then click 16 Colours (4BPP) and OK.

Then save it as bla.gif or bla.bmp or bla.png and of these will do as they are the formats recognised by RomeR tool

Open RomeR (This is done by double clicking the file that is ~276KB with the fancy 'R' for a logo)

Go to Options -> Settings and click the advanced tab, Tick everything if it isn't already like that, you want all options selected, this is why people get errors!!! Click ok, you may still get errors but now RomeR knows you want it to be fixed :eek:

Browse for your rom file and open it.

Tick the homebrew app box if this hasn't already been done

The rom title is not that important but the embeded title is what you see in most flash carts so change that to the desired name other then Palib bla bla bla

I would reccomend against trimming the rom

Now the moment of truth! Go select image, find your image (i keep mine in the icons folder) it may looked blurred in the preview but it wont be to bad in the file browser.

Apply the Changes and Enjoy!!!

:thumbup:

TehSchmex
May 20th, 2007, 13:30
Thanks a lot for the help... Just one problem now:

Where do I get RomeR? I can't find it on this site, and Google isn't helping... Link please?

XioN980
May 21st, 2007, 00:19
shockingly it was in the ds apps section of the ds news site

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59270

What tool where you using when you had pallette issues

kcajblue
May 21st, 2007, 03:48
this is cool.
i might try this later.