PDA

View Full Version : Problem with FFVII (3.40 OE) in Cosmo Canyon

Eldhav
May 20th, 2007, 09:31
I'm not really sure this is the right forum to post this topic in, but I'll give it a try.

I got 3.40 OE installed, I _converted_ the save files for 3.40 OE use (I SO regret that) and I've entered Cosmo Canyon for the first time. I'm down in the cave with Bugenhagen, fighting all those nasty monsters, and when one of the enemies confront me and does the "Death Sentence" on me the whole screen goes banzai on me. I could take a picture of it if you really wanted me to, but basically it's just a lot of green or red lines flashing on the screen making it virtually impossible to see what happens. When the fight's done everything seems alright (everything being the pre-rendered backgrounds in the game) but if I access the menu it looks pretty much screwed up with all the colos being wrong and the text impossible to read.

So, anyone heard of this? I ran a search but couldn't really come up with something.

eatnooM
May 20th, 2007, 10:46
I've heard of somebody else stating that they had this problem, apparently it happens with 3.10+ POPS. (Feel free to correct me on that one, whichever one fixed the battle swirl :p) The only way out would be to revert to a previous POPS version, but unfortunately you seem to not have a save file that would be compatible with it now. =(

Only thing I can think of is to hope a version of CWCheat was released when I wasn't looking that could export 3.40 POPS and import to a lower version.

Eldhav
May 20th, 2007, 11:02
Hey eatnooM, and yeah, I think the 3.11 POPS files will solve the problem. Or so they say :) After some tinkering I managed to get the 3.11 POPS files working on my PSP, just to find out that since I chose to convert my save files with 3.40 OE, they are no longer there in 3.11 POPS files, only 3.40 OE.

Sigh. I AM CRY :( Anyone know of any way to convert 3.40 saves to the previous version?

Sonicboy 101
May 20th, 2007, 11:39
Sigh. I AM CRY :( Anyone know of any way to convert 3.40 saves to the previous version?

No. That's why it says on the readme to save backups. :rolleyes:

Eldhav
May 20th, 2007, 12:36
No. That's why it says on the readme to save backups. :rolleyes:

Actually, I did make a backup of the saves, thank you very much, but that doesn't help me a lot since I've played 3-4 hours since the switch to 3.40. I'd have to replay that time and I'm not really up to that.

I'll just move on to FFIX or something then.

Cloudhunter
May 20th, 2007, 13:19
Actually, I did make a backup of the saves, thank you very much, but that doesn't help me a lot since I've played 3-4 hours since the switch to 3.40. I'd have to replay that time and I'm not really up to that.

I'll just move on to FFIX or something then.

Nah, the game should still play. Just fight blind on it ;) or convert the save for use with the PC using CWCheat, so you can play past that bit.

Cloudy

Eldhav
May 21st, 2007, 18:25
Actually there is a solution to the problem.

I downloaded 0.1.7. rev C of CWCheat and installed it. When entering the game (at the loading screen, NEW GAME/CONTINUE), with the 3.40 firmware, I press select button, go to "manage memory card" and choose "save memory card 1 to memory stick".

Now, if I plug in the USB and check H:\seplugins\cwcheat\mc, I can see my MCR-file there. Yay!

If I boot up the game and go with 3.11 POPS, and just after the the whole "Licensed by Sony/PIaystation logo" has faded away, I go with select, manage memory cards and then "load memory card 1 from memory stick", and yay, we have 3.40 saves on a 3.11 POPS.

I don't know if the solution is worth it's own post, but spread the word if it's ever needed!

eatnooM
May 22nd, 2007, 20:56
That sounds vaguely like what I stated to hope for in my previous post. Glad it is indeed the case, enjoy your save =)