PDA

View Full Version : Games "n" Music problem

Johresa8
May 20th, 2007, 09:37
Hi Newby here so hello to everyone.

I recently bought the Games 'n' Music card which came with a 128mg card and preloaded with homebrew, video file and empty music folder. I can add to this card with all the 3 formats and all play ok, but it as limited space. So I have bought a Kington 1gb card in view of adding MP3 and Video files. Now the problem... I can load the card with the original files but cannot get the Games 'n' music cart to recognise them, it just says Cannot find files..! I have added them the same way as on the original card.
I have wrote to Datel who just prompted me to format the new card as FAT as that would solve the problem. I did this but it still wont recognise any files that i put on the card. Thinking that I might have just got a bad Micro card I bought another 1gbcard, this also cannot be recognised. Any ideas? it's driving me mad. Would I be better to cut my losses and try a M3 or someother type of card?

Thanks

crowseed
May 21st, 2007, 10:15
I've got this problem too. Tried formatting on USB 1.1 and 2.0, no difference. 1GB card. Have even tried formatting in DOS but makes no diff. As it's FAT(16) it's supposed to support up to 2GB - and that's what's in the blurb - but I've seen no evidence of it supporting anything bigger than 128MB yet :(

Johresa8
May 21st, 2007, 21:29
Found this in the advertising of the card so it should support the 1gig card,

Games ‘n’ Music comes with a 128MB Micro SD card for you to store your games and data, and if that’s not enough, just slip in a new card and expand its capacity to up to 2GB. It’s really easy to use too. Just fit the Micro SD card into the USB adapter (supplied), plug it into your computer and drag and drop your files onto the card. It’s that easy!

John

crowseed
May 22nd, 2007, 11:48
Apparently on some other cards they only work if you do a quick format (to FAT) rather than a full one. I'll try this when I get home.