PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading help!

ns4eva
May 20th, 2007, 12:46
I am looking at downgrading my psp. since i have v2.82, and a copy of GTA LCS 2.0 i was thinking of updating to v3.03 and going from there as discussed in a guide on this site. I feel confident that i can do this without bricking, although my psp is a TA-082. I was wondering if i could get some help with 2 questions
1) Is there a chance of bricking the psp after the downgrade just by using homebrew and various other advantages of downgrading?
2) What is the best version to run of OE software, some people say 3.03 OE-C yet others say go as new as possible and hit 3.40 OE-A.
Please help
I wish to play FFIX and dont want to experience any problems, hoping to complete 100%.
Thanks

Cloudhunter
May 20th, 2007, 13:25
I am looking at downgrading my psp. since i have v2.82, and a copy of GTA LCS 2.0 i was thinking of updating to v3.03 and going from there as discussed in a guide on this site. I feel confident that i can do this without bricking, although my psp is a TA-082. I was wondering if i could get some help with 2 questions
1) Is there a chance of bricking the psp after the downgrade just by using homebrew and various other advantages of downgrading?
2) What is the best version to run of OE software, some people say 3.03 OE-C yet others say go as new as possible and hit 3.40 OE-A.
Please help
I wish to play FFIX and dont want to experience any problems, hoping to complete 100%.
Thanks

1) Through normal use, you shouldn't get a brick from most homebrew, although there is a chance when writing to flash. However, custom firmware makes it a whole lot safer to access flash, due to the recovery menu.

2) I'd say 3.40 OE-A myself... There are only a few things that won't work on 3.40 OE-A that will work on 3.03 OE-C. Themes are available for both.

I'd recommend this to downgrade you.

Team Reign's PSP Upgrading and Downgrading AIO (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1044)

And, I recommend this to upgrade you to 3.40 OE-A.

Team Reign's 3.40 OE-A Easy Installer (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1134)

Cloudy

jonezybaby
May 20th, 2007, 13:41
^^^ exactly wat he says ;)

Man
May 20th, 2007, 16:10
Good luck with your downgrade!!

pt9087
May 20th, 2007, 19:32
@Cloud! Well Explained!

potatoman
May 20th, 2007, 20:45
Yeah, but i pesonally prefer 3.03 oe for the custom gameboots. unless 3.40 oe has custom gameboots...

xela
May 20th, 2007, 21:03
hey since this guy asking help on downgrading i might as well too. i found this http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&message.id=2933120

it says its a 3.30 downgrader but im afraid to try it do you think its real?

Welshboy
May 21st, 2007, 01:02
A 3.30 downgrader? thats about as real as Pamela Anderson's breats. 3.03 is the highest firmware you can downgrade from assuming you have a copy of LCS that is unpatched. DON'T believe anything unless it has been verified by DCEMU. Sorry mate......just don't upgrade again and wait it out.

Peace!

xela
May 21st, 2007, 22:55
i know that part about dont upgrade unless its a custom fw but my freind he downgraded then upgraded to 2.81 AGAIN. so i need a downgrader.

" A 3.30 downgrader? thats about as real as Pamela Anderson's breats" (welshboy) roflmoa

parkermauney
May 21st, 2007, 23:01
I saw one place where a kid took the data.psp from a homebrew, and replaced the data.psp from a 3.40 demo. He was freakin' out because it froze his psp. He thinks he was the first person to think of that, lol.

Cloudhunter
May 21st, 2007, 23:34
hey since this guy asking help on downgrading i might as well too. i found this http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&message.id=2933120

it says its a 3.30 downgrader but im afraid to try it do you think its real?

Of course it isn't real :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah, but i pesonally prefer 3.03 oe for the custom gameboots. unless 3.40 oe has custom gameboots...

I believe that it does :) Not tried it myself though.

Cloudy

ns4eva
May 24th, 2007, 05:38
Cheers guys, checking out the guide now. I just worried about bricking because i cannot afford a new psp. I have 4GB MS though, which i got second hand of a mate who wouldnt downgrade for $75 so i just thought i might put it to use.
Anyone heard of bricking a psp using POPS? (whilst playing a PSX game on any custom firmware?)

parkermauney
May 24th, 2007, 05:40
no
the only way you'll brick is from somehow messing up while writing to flash.