PDA

View Full Version : For those who own the PSP Camera/Chotto Shot/Go!Cam: Is it Worth it?

pspfan
May 22nd, 2007, 03:08
Hi. As the title suggests, I am wondering if the PSP camera (also known as the Chotto Shot or the Go!Cam) is worth the money. I am considering getting one if people think the quality is good enough for the price, and if it seems practical enough to use rather than a dust collecter. Sadly, my cell phone doesn't have a camera, and I don't have a digital camera, so it would be my only means of photography. Anyway, now I'm going to end this post with the question: For anyone who owns a PSP camera, is it worth the money? Will I actually use it and is the quality worth the price? (Like I said, I have no other device for taking pictures, so keep that in mind when you answer.)

Thanks in advance. Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Edit: Crap it posted twice. Sorry mods. Please delete the other.

ICE
May 22nd, 2007, 03:11
if you dont have a digital camera and you already have your psp with you all the time it is convenient.

factor remix
May 22nd, 2007, 03:15
its something about 1.3mp...

and just $50

IndianCheese
May 22nd, 2007, 03:30
I have the camera.

I LOVE it. It is so easy to use. But the video quality is MUCH better than the picture quality. Pictures tend to be grainy, and sometimes discolored when not under good natural light, but videos are always crisp, 480x240 (widescreen!), and none of that blocky, blurry crap since it is MJPEG.

But I got it from Japan, so all the people in the pictures look Japanese. Heh. Weird.

JK dog.

But seriously, if you like recording videos of stuff and love your PSP, there is nothing better.

pspfan
May 22nd, 2007, 03:39
Thanks guys. So far it's looking good. But others please add your feedback (no matter what your opinion is).

pt9087
May 22nd, 2007, 04:18
I dont have a Cam but i have heard great things so i advise you get one! GL

kam30en
May 22nd, 2007, 11:15
What IndianCheese said is spot on. It's great for video, and outdoor pictures look ok, but indoor pics, especially under fluorescent lighting, are grainy.

parkermauney
May 22nd, 2007, 12:09
Does anyone know where I could get one from a retail shop? I hate buying crap off the web.

bandit
May 22nd, 2007, 12:59
Does anyone know where I could get one from a retail shop? I hate buying crap off the web.
If you have a store that sells imports. Other than that, you wont see it as it was not released in any other country except for Japan.

parkermauney
May 22nd, 2007, 23:48
Oh alright. Well, I can just use my phone. :p

IndianCheese
May 24th, 2007, 00:40
eBay, my friend. Your solution for hard-to-find items.

parkermauney
May 24th, 2007, 02:16
Nah, no more ebay for me. It recently screwed me out of $135 for a ****ing ds.

ricki_b
May 24th, 2007, 13:00
Its out tomorow is it not......

And you cant go wrong buying off amazon (not a seller). £30 there free delivery, or Gameplay even.

parkermauney
May 24th, 2007, 14:40
Hm, I might actually try that.

But seriously, I only have $30.

steel542
June 26th, 2007, 20:58
can any 1 help me,i downgraded my 3.03 psp to 1.50 using the downgrader and my GTA lcs disk,and working ok i think?but my web browser has disapered is it supposed to be like that or have i done something wrong,also cant get GTA lcs and tekken dr to load?im using fastloader v0.7,can any1 help please lol :(

laughtub
June 26th, 2007, 23:55
wrong thread and 1.5 dosen't have a web browser but to get it back and run full homebrew go to 340 OEA

laughtub
June 26th, 2007, 23:56
For the guy that got screwed over for a ds you shoulld look at the seller rating

steel542
June 27th, 2007, 02:22
thanx lol

Flatland
June 27th, 2007, 02:53
my camera is from japan and it has a quality shoot but loggy if capturing video so i do overclocking my PSP cpu speed.

got 1.5 mega pixel
a sony japan camera in silver color

this might be worth it if u don't have any camera because in a mobile phone camera it has a limited screen depending on your mobile screen.. and just adding a gadgets is cheaper than buying a digital camera or new mobile phone if you do have psp. So grab your PSP camera thats a good solution to your problem

for me this is not a problem because i do have a XDA II with big screen and a 2.5 mega pixel camera on it :p