PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and 3.40 OE-A

Kichigai Mentat
May 22nd, 2007, 06:00
Is anyone else having problems playing Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops with 3.40 OE-A? My exact symptoms is that I have copied the game to my MemoryStick, and when I start the game, it just hangs. There's some quick MS access early on, and the SaveData viewer shows that the savegame has been accessed, but the game hangs at a bootup. If I attempt to return to the XMB, the system simply sits at the "please wait" screen. It is worth noting that at this point, the X and Circle buttons' jobs (Confirm/Cancel) are reversed, in true MGS style.

What I've done so far is to turn off all plug-in modules, plain modules are disabled, fake region is disabled, No-UMD is disabled, speed hacks have been run in 222, 266, 333 and default settings. So far, no changes at all.

Anyone had experience? I am open to downgrading if that's the only solution. It's worth noting that this same image functioned under 3.04 OE-A.

Accordion
May 22nd, 2007, 07:54
use the disc

Kichigai Mentat
May 22nd, 2007, 19:57
use the disc

Well, that's understandable, but when you've got a 4 GB MSDuo and you're on a CRJ, flying out to school, and your pack of UMDs is in a backpack crammed under the seat with next to no leg room, it'd be preferable to run an image.

Also does this represent some kind of precedent for Sony's detection of modified firmware, or reveal some sort of major flaw in the custom firmware?