PDA

View Full Version : M3 Professional HELP!!!

hollinkentf
May 23rd, 2007, 05:02
Hi,

I am trying to use this primarily for a movie player for my kids in the car. i have tried converting several movies with m3 crystal engine 1.22, and none of them will play:( When I try to load them it either freezes where I have to turn it off and back on, or it flashes for just a second and then goes back to the menu. Does anyone know how to get the movies to play? Also is there a way to get moonshell on this unit so I could use .dpg files to play? I have the gbamp sd version and had no problems with it, I just can't figure out why they won't play on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. and I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere. I tried to search, but couldn't find anything. PLEASE HELP!!!

DanTheManMS
May 23rd, 2007, 05:06
I'm not really sure why it's not working for you, as I'm not too familiar with the slot-2 M3 products. However, you could probably install Moonshell as long as you can boot DS code. Just download the latest 1.71 release, run the setup.exe file, and let it load the right files onto your card (make sure you uncheck all the devices on the right hand side that you don't have). Load up the M3 Pro in DS mode to make sure you can launch Moonshell.

Once you get Moonshell loaded, you can use the included DPG Tools program (called dpgenc.exe) to convert your video files.

hollinkentf
May 23rd, 2007, 05:11
Hi,

I don't know how to do any of that. I hate to be a bother, but is there any way you could give me a step by step on how to load things and where I put them , and how I run setup.exe . As you can tell I am not good with these things. I have only done the gbamp sd version. I just got this one because it was supposed to be the movie player version 3. Any help (step by step) would be great because you are dealing with a very clueless person. thanks in advance!

DanTheManMS
May 23rd, 2007, 05:52
Go to http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/2007/03/moonshell_ver171_dl.shtml to download the entire Moonshell 1.71 setup. Extract the compressed file, insert your media card into your card reader, and double click the "setup" file that appears. From there, on the right side, uncheck all the devices you don't have, and change any other options you may want, like changing the clock style and making sure English is selected for the text format. Then just let it run and it will copy all the files to your media card that you need.

hollinkentf
May 23rd, 2007, 18:46
Hi,

that works for the ds lite. My other son only has a gameboy micro. I tried playing a file that was converted with the M2 crystal engine and it plays fine. But I still can not get the M3 converter to play at all. the videos convert just fine, but they will not play. It just doesn't make sense. I have the m3 professional, you would think the m3 converter would work, but it doesn't. Does anyone else have the prefessional version that has been able to get the movies to play? Maybe I missed a step when getting started. Do I need to put anything other than the loader file on the SD card? Please, any help would be great. Thank you!!

DanTheManMS
May 23rd, 2007, 21:31
Again, I don't have an M3 and have never used its conversion software, so I can't really help there. The only suggestion I have for GBA video at the moment is to use Meteo for very short clips. Download it at http://www.gbaflashguide.com/main.php?p=utilities and keep in mind that lower bitrates like 50 or less will give you the greater video lengths. There's a 32 MB filesize limit, so you can only get 5-25 minutes of video in one file. Again, only a temporary solution.