PDA

View Full Version : output video format using a swap magic

Joss
May 23rd, 2007, 16:08
Hello,

I use a Swap Magic JAP on my PS2 JAP in order to play to a game PAL 50Hz otimized. Does anybody know the output video format ? NTSC 60 Hz ? PAL
Because the only thing I can have with my TV 60Hz and my monitor 60Hz is a picture in black and white.

(Is there any way to set the frequency of my monitor to 50Hz ?)

thank you for your answers !

JKKDARK
May 23rd, 2007, 16:50
Hello,

I use a Swap Magic JAP on my PS2 JAP in order to play to a game PAL 50Hz otimized. Does anybody know the output video format ? NTSC 60 Hz ? PAL
Because the only thing I can have with my TV 60Hz and my monitor 60Hz is a picture in black and white.

(Is there any way to set the frequency of my monitor to 50Hz ?)

thank you for your answers !

Some PAL games have the 60hz option, like Jak 3. Or you need to get a TV with 50hz

Joss
May 24th, 2007, 15:58
Thank you for your reply but the game I want to play (FF XII) is only in 50Hz and, as I am in Japan, I can't find a TV in 50Hz...

The only way is to make it work is : on a monitor directly or with my television acquisition card... but my screen doesn't lower below 60 Hz...

Do you see a solution ?

Ok ! The issue is solved !
I finally succeeded to play to my PAL 50Hz FFXII on my PC via an external TV tuner and the right software which can switch from PAL to NTSC whenever I want. Thank you Pinnacle !