PDA

View Full Version : Problems dumping a UMD movie...

nanook2k3
May 24th, 2007, 10:30
I'm still running 3.10 OE-A2, and I'm having a heck of a time getting something to run that will allow me to dump a UMD movie on to my memory stick. Here's what I've tried so far:

- Fastloader v0.7 - all I get is a corrupted icon. I've tried putting the folders in the PSP\GAME and PSP\GAME150 folders but get same result. I've also made sure that I'm using the 1.50 kernel in the recovery mode.

- DAX_UMD_Dumper_BETA_v0.2 - The icon comes up, but it just shuts the PSP off when I try running it off the memory stick. I've gone through the readme and made sure I included usbhostfs.prx from psplink, but get the same results.

-USBSSS_100 - this has been the most promising, as my computer see's the ISO image, but when I try copying it to the hard drive, or mounting it with Daemon Tools or Alcohol, I get a redundancy error.

- New UMD Dumper v0.2 - no corrupted icon, but it just hangs at "UMD waiting..." no matter what UMD is tried.

Any suggestions....has anyone else run into similar problems and managed to find a working solution?

Thanks!

acn010
May 24th, 2007, 11:03
because your stupid, dont talk about this............. nobody is gonna help you, sorry

splodger15
May 24th, 2007, 11:13
Read the rules please. That is why they are there for a reason.

nanook2k3
May 24th, 2007, 13:23
because your stupid, dont talk about this............. nobody is gonna help you, sorry

If I made a mistake and ventured into the forbidden zone, then it's my bad (I own the UMD movie I'm trying to dump on my memory stick BTW), I'm not trying to pirate anything....

You could have said as much, instead of acting like a 10 year old and calling me stupid LOL

The UMD that I have though, is a European region, and it's not allowing me to play it. As I said up top, I'm using 3.10 OE-A2, and I've updated the region settings in the recovery menu (enabled region free, and I've tried all of the regions in the fake region section), but it still won't play the movie (which is why I figured I'd try to just dump it to my memory stick). Is there something I need to do within the recovery menu to "finalize" my changes or something? Once I return to the menu, it still has the last saved settings, so I have no idea why it's not letting me play it. If trying to figure out how to play all region movies is also against the rules, then I apologize.....

Chameleon
May 24th, 2007, 13:37
you cannot dump UMD movies... so dont even try

nanook2k3
May 24th, 2007, 13:41
Yes...Yes...I got that....I just want to play my movie (reference my edited comment above pls)