PDA

View Full Version : Question about PS2>DC Porting

chaos-unleashed
June 2nd, 2005, 18:48
well, you know the bluey coloured PS2 discs, becasue they are 700mb discs, will it be possible to port those on DC,

I know it'd be like MAAAJOR law suits, and stuff, but I just want to know if its possible,

I'd love Disgaea on there as well as NBA Street Vol 1

DCDayDreamer
June 2nd, 2005, 20:36
There's no way a port can be made of any 'blue disc' PS2 game, if the source was available and someone wanted to do it - maybe, but it wouldn't be a freeware project due to the scale of the thing in the first place.
What you're actually talking about is a possible PS2 emu, simple answer - no chance!.

chaos-unleashed
June 3rd, 2005, 21:21
oh ok, cool, it was just a thought thanks for explaining it

DCDayDreamer
June 3rd, 2005, 22:03
It was a nice thought but the old DC isn't powerful enough to emulate a PS2, but then again look at the Bleemcast emulator (not the warez beta), who'd have thought that was possible years ago?, it plays the PS1 games better than a real PS1, it's a shame it all ended so early with the lawsuit.

The only other option you have is a PS2 emu for PC of which I know nothing about.

SiZiOUS
July 1st, 2005, 13:16
who'd have thought that was possible years ago?
Because the DC is poweful than the PS1, PS1 is an old machine :D

Cap'n 1time
July 1st, 2005, 14:32
Because the DC is poweful than the PS1, PS1 is an old machine :D

I think the point was- its amazing how well the software ran.

DCDayDreamer
July 1st, 2005, 18:50
I think the point was- its amazing how well the software ran.

I think the language barrier caused SiZiOUS to miss the point, at least most readers understood, that's exactly what I meant - amazing software for it's time.

Cast128dreams
July 2nd, 2005, 17:11
I dont think that ps2 is more power that the Dc.
Well maybe in some sections ps2 is bigger.
But i think that DC had more to offer.
Dont forget that Ps2 realesed one year earlier than the Dc.
Sony would make its system more powerfull......also its remarkable that people said that Saturn is more poerfull that the first playstaion....And some still believe it.
On the other hand on Saturn was so difficult to develop a game that most of the companies abandon their works..

quzar
July 3rd, 2005, 13:34
it IS possible to have an emulator of a higher system on a lower system. Hell, I halfways ported gcube to the DC. Not that it would/could/can run anything, but in theory it may be possible to find a single commercial game that uses just the right amount of ram or whatnot so that a higher system could be emulated =P.

Arfeds
July 3rd, 2005, 14:55
i know where to get hold of the bios files for the ps2 if you want them? (scph10000,scph39001)

Cast128dreams
July 4th, 2005, 11:52
See! things have changed in nowadays.
Dreamcast has totally diferent graphical world than any other console.

bennasi-4
July 7th, 2005, 12:38
i dont think that dreamcast emulator can run in ps2 as you see still pc cant run a dreamcast emulator well...!!!the same is for ps2,xbox and gamecube

Cast128dreams
July 8th, 2005, 17:24
Look the basics can be emulated.Bios for exmpl.The target is make it work at least 50%.In my opinion.

FrierTuck
July 9th, 2005, 10:50
those are completeley illegal, you need to start watchin your self arfeds, youve been shootin off your mouth everywhere

Cast128dreams
July 10th, 2005, 01:48
OH.... its ok.
We are just talking here nothing more.

FrierTuck
July 16th, 2005, 23:45
sorry, this could result in some punishment if people started asking for bioses, just wanted to keep everyone out of trouble

Cast128dreams
July 17th, 2005, 14:37
Yes you are write about that.Now i understood.
Sometimes you say something without thinking it.......