PDA

View Full Version : Random Analog Stick Straying

mavsman4457
May 24th, 2007, 20:26
This is a semi-long post so if you don't want to read it I'll sum it up right now. Occasionally my PSP will think that my analog stick is moving right. What should I do? Now here is the longer version: I recently sent my PSP away to get the ghetto joystick mod where the guy added a mini usb port type thing on the left side of my PSP but he was unable to make the actual analog stick that plugs into that usb port. Now sometimes when I am playing a game and I am using the normal analog nub it will stray off on me and I will have to jiggle the nub a bunch in order to get it back to normal. I am looking for a way of fixing this and I've had two ideas. One would be that there was a program a while back that told you the position of the analog nub and then you would get it to the center and turn the PSP off and that would fix it. Also the PSP looks slightly seperated so I was thinking that I would get that program and align the analog nub to the perfect center and then screw the screw in tighter and turn off the PSP when it is perfectly aligned. Would that work? Would attaching an analog stick through that usb port thing fix my problem? Any other suggestions.

Triv1um
May 24th, 2007, 20:31
I have this exact same problem, except mine pulls back.

A program to tell it what its center point should be is a great idea.

If you attach another analog stick via a usb type2 port, you will still get the problem with the real analog stick pulling.

im taking mine apart later to see if i can see anything.

splodger15
May 24th, 2007, 20:58
I think the first idea is better I remember there being a program like that but I cant remember the name I have found a simple program that does drawing but it has the same effect if your analog is center the crosshair wont move you can hold down X to draw and see it a bit more accurately. Sorry if this is no help to you what so ever but it can see what position that analog goes

mavsman4457
May 24th, 2007, 22:35
After further review of the thread made by kando it looks like I will be trying out that program that is supposed to help and if that doesn't work I'm going to try tightening a screw and if THAT doesn't work, which I doubt the first one will and I hope the second one will, then I will open up my PSP, take out the rubber piece, and put it back.