PDA

View Full Version : Sega Saturn Emulator

gohan2091
May 24th, 2007, 21:38
I have a few games on the Sega Saturn that I wouldn't mind playing on the Nintendo DS. I was just wondering if this is possible? Is the DS powerful enough to run Sega Saturn games?

The DS can run Mario 64 which is an N64 game so it should be able to run Sega Saturn games right? The Sega Saturn is less powerful than the N64.

Welshboy
May 24th, 2007, 21:53
It doesn't run Mario 64 on an emulator though.....its actually coded for the DS hardware....which requires far less power than actually emulating it. I doubt the DS could emulate Saturn hardware.......PSP could though probably......don't think there is an emulator for it though.

Kaiser
May 24th, 2007, 22:46
Not going to happen. Even the PC struggles with Saturn emulation.

TeenDev
May 24th, 2007, 23:18
Dream on.... its rumored that a new DS design is comin gout in 2008, if that had faster processors maybe...

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2007, 23:38
Dream on.... its rumored that a new DS design is comin gout in 2008, if that had faster processors maybe...

Keep in mind even the most powerful home PC's still have difficulty emulating the saturn, not because it had extremely powerful hardware so much as it had a lot of complicated hardware. Many people believe that the Dreamcast will have the best chance of emulating the saturn hardware, not because of raw power, but because of the similarities in the hardware.

JKKDARK
May 25th, 2007, 00:23
Many people believe that the Dreamcast will have the best chance of emulating the saturn hardware, not because of raw power, but because of the similarities in the hardware.

Yes, there's a Saturn emulator for Dreamcast already (Yabause-DC). Blue Crab updated it in December, he's doing an amazing job :)

Welshboy
May 25th, 2007, 05:15
Honestly didn't realise the Saturn was such a pain to emulate..............wonder how long till the psp or its successor can emulate it?......what exactly makes it so hard to emulate then guys?

JKKDARK
May 25th, 2007, 06:01
Honestly didn't realise the Saturn was such a pain to emulate..............wonder how long till the psp or its successor can emulate it?......what exactly makes it so hard to emulate then guys?

Saturn has 8 processors

spik3yb0i
May 25th, 2007, 16:35
oh man :(

gohan2091
May 27th, 2007, 19:11
ok thanks for the replies.