PDA

View Full Version : PSX on 3.40 OE-A

gnomepickle
May 25th, 2007, 19:27
I have ripped a few of my Playstation games to play on my PSP and they used to work fine even with the new 3.40 OE-A firmware, but I installed a custom theme and now they don't work.

When I run the game it goes to a blank screen and "freezes" part way. My home button doesn't work but my volume buttons will still adjust the volume and the screen button will still brighten/darken the screen.

I am currently putting the converted isos into my PSP/GAME folder. I have tried putting them in my PSP/GAME150 and PSP/GAME340 folders but I get the same result.

Also, my PSP is a North America original. I got it the day it came out with 1.5 firmware and the original motherboard.

Help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.:)

parkermauney
May 25th, 2007, 19:46
Just replace the opening_plugin.rco file with your backup. It should work fine.

Buddy4point0
May 25th, 2007, 23:39
yea u cant use custom opening plugins with psx plugins, there are programs to get around this but the wasyest way is just to not use 1

blackrave
May 26th, 2007, 00:41
Or use this fix (http://pspupdates.qj.net/3-40-Fix-to-LOLstation-POPS-Fix/pg/49/aid/90241).

Good luck!

Sparda
May 29th, 2007, 23:25
Hi. I get something similar to this after I installed a custom theme but when I run the game a gray window opens (like an error message) but all it says is "O back" at the bottom of the screen and it makes a sound. I tried replacing the opening_pilgin.rco but the same thing happens. :eek: I'm also on 3.40 OE-A.

Thanks for any help. :)

parkermauney
May 30th, 2007, 00:19
Hm. Just upgrade to official firmware!
JK.
That usually means your eboot is corrupted. If it worked before you installed the theme, then I have no idea. I think there may be some importance in the gameboot.pmf, but I'm not sure.

Sparda
May 30th, 2007, 01:55
Oh I forgot to add, ever since I insalled this new theme the normal gameboot (white with the PSP sign) has ceased to launch when I run a game/program! Dunno if that helps anything. . .

parkermauney
May 30th, 2007, 02:38
Most people replace the gameboot with a blank 0 byte file to save space in the flash.

Gold Line
May 30th, 2007, 02:42
well no.
most people re-direct there gameboot to the root of there memstick.that way you can save space and have a cool gameboot ;)

Sparda
May 30th, 2007, 02:56
Where can I find steps to take to redirect a gameboot to the root of the memstick?

Ah, it's ok I found it. ;)

parkermauney
May 30th, 2007, 02:59
Ooohhh. So, where can I get one of those gameboots? You say it redirects to ms0:/gameboot.pmf?

Sparda
May 30th, 2007, 04:39
I used Flash Agent, which redirects to ms0:/gameboot/gameboot.pmf. And i think I know my problem! The 01-12.bmp of the custom theme is too large but there is a hack to make it allow a larger filesize, but I tried it and it didnt work (just got a black screen). Anyone know anything about this hack? :) ;)

parkermauney
May 30th, 2007, 04:54
WTF? So I open flash agent, and there is an option to redirect my gameboots to ms0:/gameboot/gameboot.pmf?

Sparda
May 30th, 2007, 04:59
Try under 'Firmware Hacks.'

parkermauney
May 30th, 2007, 05:00
k, Thank you.
Know any good places to get good gameboots? I really don't feel like making my own.

Sparda
May 30th, 2007, 05:02
XD no :( . Still looking though.

parkermauney
May 30th, 2007, 05:23
K
I'm bout to screw it all. This is way too much work, and for some reason, this is supposedly "Illegal".

Sparda
May 30th, 2007, 14:49
I got it to work but then I remembered you can't play PSX games AND use a custom gameboot :( So I changed back to the original gameboot.

And also the custom theme looks a bit sucky now because I can't use the 01-12.bmp because it's too big and I can't get the hack to work. :'( SO I think I'll just start from scratch.

Edit: Why does Flash Agent recognise my 3.40 OE-A PSP as a 3.03 OE-C PSP? O_O