PDA

View Full Version : Cd-rws?

Dreambox
June 3rd, 2005, 04:20
Hi im new to dc modding and backups and i tried to burn a few homebrews and such on a cd-rw and they didnt work, does Dc run cd-rw's or just cd-r's?

Saoshyant
June 3rd, 2005, 08:08
Standard models have the laser calibrated only for cd-r medium. There is a small mod to calibrate the laser for cd-rw, not recommended if you are kinda new to this, which I assume you are.

ptr.exe
June 3rd, 2005, 10:11
Theres an old tutorial in the hardware forum, you need to re-calibrate the laser to make it strong enough to read cd-rw. This does reduce your laser life by alot and on some models can burn out straight away. I recommend just buying some cheap cd-r's.

Dreambox
June 3rd, 2005, 22:49
Thanks guys, i got Dcplaya to boot but it wont save its dash to the memory card. Anyone no why? Also what are some kool programs to run on Dc?

ptr.exe
June 6th, 2005, 13:09
I don't really use multimedia programs, i just play games. Get DreamSNES, its a SNES emulator for dreamcast, with the thousands of SNES games out there for download that will keep you entertained for a long time.

Eric
June 6th, 2005, 14:38
Dreambox i aswell had the problem with the vmu not saving DCplaya and i am not sure if its compatible. Hopefully someone can let us know if it is possible and let us know how to use it.