PDA

View Full Version : Xbox: "We have a lot of people worrying about 360"

wraggster
September 3rd, 2013, 23:08
Xbox 360 does have a future beyond the launch of Xbox One, says Microsoft.
The firm gave up very quickly on the first Xbox when it launched the 360. And compared with PS3’s line-up, there’s been a lack of 360 exclusives this year.
The only exclusive titles left for 360 in 2013 are Fable Anniversary and World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition.
But Xbox Europe boss Chris Lewis told MCV that 360 has a “multi-year future”, highlighting the strong third-party line-up, plus its new Xbox 360 SKU. Both of which will be heavily promoted by Microsoft this Christmas.
“We remain very committed to our Xbox 360 business,” said Lewis. “It is an important part of the ecosystem, for our retailer partners, for our third-party developers and indeed for our own economics. So you are going to see us marketing Xbox 360 very strong.
"There is fantastic content coming to 360. GTA V and FIFA 14 will be out towards the end of September. Both of our consoles from our point of view will have a very healthy future for multiple years.
“In my own team I have a lot of people worrying a lot about that Xbox 360 plan, making sure that it is robust, that we have good healthy space in retail outlets, that we have a value proposition through Christmas, and that we harness some of that content I mentioned to you earlier. We see a genuine concurrent and healthy existence for both 360 and Xbox One.”
Xbox 360 is the UK’s best-selling games console of the generation, with 8.4m consoles sold to-date, just ahead of Nintendo Wii.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-we-have-a-lot-of-people-worrying-about-360/0120632