PDA

View Full Version : Noob in need of advice.

darklord91
May 26th, 2007, 23:10
Hi, I've always wanted to downgrade my psp and then use custom firmware so I can use nes emus and such but still play umds. Right now I have 2.82 firmware, but I heard if you upgrade to 3.02(correct me if I'm wrong), and downgrade, you can upgrade to a custom firmware.
One of my problems is I don't have wireless internet, so is there still a way to upgrade to 3.02?
My second problem is finding out how to downgrade from 3.02 then upgrading to the best custom firmware. Links to tutorials would be appreciated.
The last of my problems is finding a way to emulate nes games and such.
Thank you for reading and I hope for some helpful responses!

NoQuarter
May 26th, 2007, 23:17
Actually you need to upgrade to 3.03 then find a copy of unpatched gta.After that you can run the 3.03 downgrader.
The best custom firmware is 3.40OE,If you have any more questions just ask :)

First things first find a copy of unpatched grand theft auto,untill you do that you can't do anything else.

darklord91
May 26th, 2007, 23:18
Ah, 3.03 ic. How do I know if my gta is unpatched? ive seen a lot of threads but none really tell u whether it is or not.

Shrygue
May 26th, 2007, 23:23
To identify if you have an unpatched copy of Grand Thef Auto: Liberty City Stories, put the UMD disk in your PSP and check the update data when it appears in the GAME menu. If it says 2.00, it is unpatched. If it's 2.60 it's patched and downgrading is not possible with that disk.

Another way to tell is by looking at the serial number of the disk.

If it says ULES 00151# it is unpatched.
If it displays ULES 00151#2, it is patched and you cannot run the downgrader with that UMD.

Buddy4point0
May 26th, 2007, 23:38
yes. and just download the 3.03 update offline and transfer it

NoQuarter
May 26th, 2007, 23:45
Carefull you don't accidentally use 3.30 instead of 3.03.
It's not to hard once you have everything you need,just make sure to read,read, and read some more before you flash.I seriously read for weeks before I did my first psp in 2005.Of course mine came with 1.5 :P
I stepped on that one and had tto get a replacement that was 2.0 which became my first downgrade.Thank god for product replacement plans!!

Cloudhunter
May 27th, 2007, 02:43
I recommend this Easy Upgrader and Downgrader.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1044

Cloudy