PDA

View Full Version : It cant load .smd roms..PLEASE HELP

Cast128dreams
June 4th, 2005, 17:50
Hi everyone.....
Ok to get to the point..
I downloaded the Dc Genenerator(Mega Drive emulator for Dreamcast).......
But when i rescan the system with the rom disc i am facing problems....
The screen gets blank for seconds(so far so good!!! :) )
Then it loads the rom with count system.....
At the end i press START BUTTON as it says....
But the screen freezes and it kicks me to the Dreamcast main memu.....
I tried with a lot of Roms
Should i change settings when i burn them?(the roms)
Or What its going on anyway?
Thanx!!!

SmashinGit
June 4th, 2005, 17:53
If i remember correctly I think you have to change your roms to .bin format. There is a program that will do that for you, but I can't remember whats it called :P . If you search the forums I'm sure you will find all the information you will need.

Christuserloeser
June 4th, 2005, 20:59
Try GenesisPlusDC v01 and the GPDC PVR Preview v3 - they run fullspeed and do read .SMD, .BIN and .ZIP files ;)

GenesisPlusDC is the best Genesis / Mega Drive emu for Dreamcast:
GenesisPlusDC PVR Preview v03 [full speed but a little sound skipping, it's a beta and still beeing worked on]
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/genplus.shtml
GenesisPlusDC v01 [last official release - less bugs but slower: set Frameskip to 2 and underclock the Z80 for full speed!]
http://www.dcemulation.com/dcemu-genplusdc.htm

Cast128dreams
June 5th, 2005, 00:18
Thanx for the replies...If iam gonna face problems again i will contact you soon.....
Hope so

Cast128dreams
June 6th, 2005, 11:26
So now you are tellin me that Dc generator reads only Bin format...
And that i have to convert smd files to bin format with a program that you dont remember........Sounds crazy man......

Naaaaaaa i will try the others...
Thanx

Eric
June 6th, 2005, 13:36
As for Genesis Plus DC Chris is right it is a an amazing emu that runs fullspeed. The emu that you are trying is out of date and back in those days was basically a test to see if Genesis could be emulated and work at a decent speed. The emu is also not being worked on anymore and i am not to sure if Atani is going back to that project again as he is on other projects right now like Copper Swapper and Chain Reaction there is others aswell. But as for an amazing Genesis emulatore Genesis Plus DC is a must for the Dreamcast.

Eric

Cast128dreams
June 6th, 2005, 17:27
Ok i tried the Genesis Plus dc.Its ok.....But the only thing that matters is the sound...
Lets forget that the game runs at lower speed than the usual.......sound gives life to game....
So in conclusion:Dreamcast has not perfect Genesis emulator!
*MUST*

Christuserloeser
June 6th, 2005, 17:51
Not a perfect emu - that's correct, but

GenesisPlusDC PVR Preview v03 [full speed but a little sound skipping, it's a beta and still beeing worked on]
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/genplus.shtml

Cast128dreams
June 7th, 2005, 09:29
I think that i burned this one......But i think that the versions are different...
Ok i will try this....And if its the same?
No problem i will give to a friend :

Christuserloeser
June 7th, 2005, 13:25
If it has a menu with some cool colorful layout featuring Sonic but lacks sound emulation it's v01.

If it has a plain file selection with a dark green background but runs full speed with sound it's PVR Preview v3.

Cast128dreams
June 8th, 2005, 18:29
Hey the link that you gave above it was ver.1-that i already burn it
I checked the read me files and they were exactly the same.
Where i can find the ver.3 anyway?
Thanx