PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Inspires Nintendo & Sega Emulation PMP

JKKDARK
May 29th, 2007, 20:24
via TrustedReviews (http://www.trustedreviews.com/multimedia/news/2007/05/29/iPhone-Inspires-Nintendo-Sega-Emulation-PMP/p1)

To be quite honest, I'm surprised we haven't seen more iPhone knocks off than Meizu's miniOne and now this effort from (the incredibly named) ainol...

Called the 'V2000', it isn't actually a phone at all but a heavily Apple inspired PMP with broader shoulders. That said if you put an iPhone side by side with the V2000 you'd be in for a shock since the latter is actually a stubbier device than Job's pride and joy with a 3in LCD.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/4646-120033copy.jpg

Still, format support is impressive with the all-important (yet often overlooked) AVI being a shoe-in alongside Mpeg2, Mpeg4 and RealVideo. Audio is equally diverse covering not just industry mainstays MP3 and WMA but also APE and even FLAC for lossless aficionados. Backing this up are an FM radio and voice recorder.

Interestingly, ainol is also placing a strong emphasis on gaming with emulation for NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and NeoGeo titles. In fact, in excess of 10,000 games will be playable according to the company. Ainol says the vast majority of these are best enjoyed with a dedicated controller but frustratingly it hasn't let any details slip on this yet.

Finally onboard storage is notable by its absence with an SD card slot taking its place and supporting capacities up to 4GB.

Sadly the iPhoney-ness (see what I did there?!) of the V2000 means it is unlikely to see the light of day outside of China but we can dream. There's no release date or price either but I'm thinking the company has probably been ainol enough (it's like a gift I can't control) to link it to Apple's inspiration for a June launch.

Lastly, the less said about ainol's slogan the better: Enjoy life Enjoy ainol
No, I didn't make that up.
Really
REALLY!
Fine, see for yourselves...