PDA

View Full Version : atari emulators for psp in development?

soj
June 5th, 2005, 12:54
anyone know of any atari emulators being developed for psp by anyone? 2600, 7800, 5200, lynx? would be great to see a 7800 emulator for psp as well as lynx, and a 5200 emulator would be great given the psp's analog control.

Cap'n 1time
June 5th, 2005, 14:12
well, i dont think anyone has yet.. and i doubt any japanese devvers will take any interest in atari. They all seem like worthy cadidates for the PSP though. Lantus (all around xbox coder guy) might look into some of these.

on that note, how many english speaking coders for the PSP are there? I have never seen the japanese so involved with the emulation scene.

nexis2600
June 5th, 2005, 14:53
i have to agree. seems like 90% of the people are japanese. I think i am the only english coder working on an emu for psp.

shizzle
June 5th, 2005, 14:58
ur english, thoguth u were american?

shizzle
June 5th, 2005, 14:58
god look at that chav style text.

wraggster
June 5th, 2005, 14:59
Theres also what seems a french coder who has a japanese nick but its great to see the japs involved, reminds me of the Dreamcast scene days with the likes of Bero etc

nexis2600
June 5th, 2005, 19:10
ur english, thoguth u were american?

Sorry for the confusion. I am american. I ment by language not by nationality.

shizzle
June 5th, 2005, 19:53
lol, appology accepted, but don't lie to us again,you know what happens to liars...

soj
June 6th, 2005, 01:53
i have to agree. seems like 90% of the people are japanese. I think i am the only english coder working on an emu for psp.

it does seem as though they are all coming out of japan, just seems a bit odd they would cover all the dominant 8 and 16 bit aside from atari(even given they are coming out of japan), and even wonderswan ngpc and ng cd without anyone developing an atari emu of any sort.

Cap'n 1time
June 6th, 2005, 03:11
it does seem as though they are all coming out of japan, just seems a bit odd they would cover all the dominant 8 and 16 bit aside from atari(even given they are coming out of japan), and even wonderswan ngpc and ng cd without anyone developing an atari emu of any sort.

well, the point I ment to make, but failed to above was that the japanese coders probably have little interest in the american made ATARI systems.

yoshihiro
June 6th, 2005, 09:21

+1 :D

hi nexis2600 i'm french and i work on an emulator too i'm not japanese just my nick name :cool:

Yoshihiro

sfish
June 20th, 2005, 02:52
I will be forever in the debt of the person who decides to make 2600 emulation on the PSP a reality. :)

resinbowl
June 20th, 2005, 06:03
well, the point I ment to make, but failed to above was that the japanese coders probably have little interest in the american made ATARI systems.
thats because american made ATARI systems are crap HAHA!!!
:P
heh... sorry, ive always been a biased prick when it comes to atari.
but a 2600 emu would be very nice indeed :cool: