PDA

View Full Version : Please Help To Recover My Psp!!!

BANDITB12
May 31st, 2007, 00:56
Hi, need help to recover my psp, i was trying a new theme using `ThemePSP v1.2 by SodR`and a message came up saying download was completed ,
i pressed `x` to exit and the psp wouldent come up with the menu just a black screen , ive tryed switching off , and removing the battery , but still nothing except for my power light comes on and my
MS light flashes for about 4 seconds then the psp power light stays on then goes off after about 7 seconds , reading other forums they say that ive bricked my psp , but after reading about using a recoverey mode , i gave it a try , holding down the right hand trigger button , well i get a recoverey menu come up , but as i am new to this i havent a clue how to use it , ive tried to use the usb mode which works , i can acsess all my files on the mem stick, but how do i get my psp working again ,please help someone it would be appreciated thanks! by the way my firmware is a v1.50............:(

Gizmo356
May 31st, 2007, 01:03
Are you sure you are on firmware 1.5 because that doesn't have recovery mode.

Triv1um
May 31st, 2007, 01:05
1.50 ay?

your psp is toast.

the only way to recover is a new mobo or a modchip ;)

parkermauney
May 31st, 2007, 01:17
Shoulda up'd to OE.

BANDITB12
May 31st, 2007, 01:36
i can enter usb mode and see all my files on the mem stick.....ive got a folder with update , and another with update 1.......there must be another way surely?????

parkermauney
May 31st, 2007, 02:10
Is there an option for launching program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/ or something like that?

ZeakStarwind
May 31st, 2007, 08:06
If you're able to access your psp's recovery mode then there's a way to recover your psp back, but it requires you to go back to normal 1.50. (I believe he's using DAX's 1.50 custom firmware if he's able to access the recovery mode...) Here's the thread link to the recovery pack. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49967&highlight=recovery
You will have to download the 1.50 firmware from www.psp-hacks.com for the recovery folder. After you have downloaded it, make sure you rename the eboot.pbp file to UPDATE.PBP and extract it into your Recovery folder. The Recovery folder should be in ms0:/PSP/GAME/. Always, ALWAYS read the readme file. after you got that done make sure you can go back into your Recovery Menu on your custom firmware. You'll see something saying boot from PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/Eboot.PBP. However it's pronounced thats where you want to access and it'll start recover your psp back to normal 1.50. I really suggest you go to the OE editions rather the silly 1.50 OE. Hope you have luck with this.

parkermauney
May 31st, 2007, 18:26
Wow, you're a very good poster. And it's 1.50 CF, not OE. :D

Gizmo356
June 5th, 2007, 02:16
1.50 ay?

your psp is toast.

the only way to recover is a new mobo or a modchip ;)
wrong

Shoulda up'd to OE.
Exactly but I helped him unbrick on msn.

parkermauney
June 5th, 2007, 04:09
K, great job! :D