PDA

View Full Version : Flash Cart for a DS newb

redbaron
May 31st, 2007, 16:37
Hey all,
Basically I want to play DS backups and watch movies on my new DS Lite. The possibility of GBA emulation sounds good too, but that's not a priority. The DS-Xtreme looks like it offers everything I want, but I like the idea of removable media for expansion. Is there anything that works as well as the DS-X, but with removable memory cards? I also think that a nice O/S that utilizes the touch screen effectively is important. Any suggestions/warnings would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

DanTheManMS
May 31st, 2007, 19:50
If you want removable storage, your best options would be the R4, M3 Simply, or Supercard DS. I think they all use the touchscreen for menu navigation, but I'm not entirely sure.

redbaron
May 31st, 2007, 19:55
I heard the cycloDS evolution is supposed to be awesome but it's not out yet. Is any one of the carts you listed clearly superior in every way? Do they update the software?

kcajblue
June 1st, 2007, 01:32
since you want touch screen support for the menus.
dont get the ds link. it doesnt have touch screen support.
and dont get ds link confused with ds linker.

ICE
June 1st, 2007, 01:42
i am getting m3 simply myself. or when i have money at least...

redbaron
June 1st, 2007, 19:00
I'm hearing great things about the M3. I may wait until the CycloDS Evo comes out to compare, but it seems like the M3 might be a great cart. Does anyone know which cart has the superior OS (not just looks, but speed and robustness)

Bert245
June 24th, 2007, 21:06
im getting the r4 in the mail soon and a 2gig micro sd card!im so excited after being a n00b and getting a max media dock

Falseblue
June 24th, 2007, 21:16
I am getting an R4 with a 2GB card. I think the M3 is too expensive.

jak66
June 24th, 2007, 21:41
r4 = m3 simply + faster updates
you can patch an r4 firmware to work on m3 simply i think, but r4 is cheaper anyway